• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Thanks to our donors, our goal has been met!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
First off I want to apologize for not keeping up to date with the progress bar.. It has to be updated manually and it's one thing we never got around to. With that said though I'm happy to announce that we'll be upgrading the forum software to a paid service very soon! This will fix a lot of bugs and open the floodgates on the possibilities with our humble community.

I'd love to hear some suggestions from you guys and gals. Derek and I are looking at all the plugins so if there's something you had in mind, mows the time to speak up. :)

We're actually looking at a way to incorporate league scoring so that members can keep track of their stats, which would be updated by a league representative. What do you think??

tim.sanderson

Re: Thanks to our donators, our goal has been met!

AWESOME!!

My only hope is that a hyperlink option is added, so that I can highlight a word or two, and turn it into a hyperlink.
Well that, and that after I die, I can have my brain transferred into some sort of robotic body. Maybe some sort of Tyrannosaurus/King Kong hybrid...

But, baby steps, I guess.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford

Please keep Tapatalk support. It makes mobile use so much easier.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

Finally you can up grade the tab at the bottom of the home page that has been stuck on 43% and $215 for the last year !

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA

luch said:
Finally you can up grade the tab at the bottom of the home page that has been stuck on 43% and $215 for the last year !

Actually we'll be getting rid of it, it's not necessary anymore ;)

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

perfect , and concrats to everyone who donated , we all deserve a big thank you .

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I'd like the button on each topic take you to the first unread post. That would be great

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA

Luckydogg420 said:
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I'd like the button on each topic take you to the first unread post. That would be great

YES! Absolutely.. now is the time to take care of that.

I'm pretty excited, now that summer over it's time to focus on pinball and push our community's brand forward all across Canada. Let's make this place Pinside North!! ... but you know, more Canadian and without all the BS. ;)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA

another feature we're looking at is a "tabs" feature in personal profile that can house pretty much anything we want.. games list, games for sale, want list, stats, personal game reviews... you name it.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

I know it's too late to say anything about this, but for what it is worth I was unaware that PinRev was even taking donations. That green progress bar at the bottom of the forum I had never seen until I read this thread and scrolled all the way down. My laptop only has a small screen and I typically visit the forums by hitting the "New Posts" link. Even on my larger work monitor the progress bar does not appear unless I scroll which I apparently never have done.

It might have been better to place it at the top of the forum. I know, too late.

Congrats on hitting your goal! :D

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA

FiftyQuid said:
It might have been better to place it at the top of the forum. I know, too late.

I appreciate the suggestion! However it's never too late to donate, there's always web hosting bills to pay. ;) That said I've never really asked for donations on a formal basis. The best part of this new software we're switching too is that it's modular-based, so if a cool new plug-in comes out that we all agree would be beneficial for the forum, we can do a crowd-funding to buy it. :) Donations also go towards prizes for draws and events, etc.

I'm also going to work with some parts suppliers to get us some deals like I mentioned before. I know Starburst, PBL and Comet are on board for sure.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener

REVOLUTION said:
I'm also going to work with some parts suppliers to get us some deals like I mentioned before. I know Starburst, PBL and Comet are on board for sure.

What about the guys at pinball customs? They might throw in a sweet shooter rod on occasion. ;)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

Luckydogg420 said:
What about the guys at pinball customs? They might throw in a sweet shooter rod on occasion. ;)

I hear those guys are super nice.

D

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
As we start making progress of installing and configuring the software, I will create a new sticky post with all of the features.

I will be installing tapatalk support again, as well as facebook account integration for those of us who prefer to do that, and more.

I am very excited and feel very privileged to get to help!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
We've been playing around with this new software, and it's pretty awesome.... it makes PHPBB look very amateur. Very excited to launch the new site, along with some other really cool announcements.

Derek the Webguy is THE MAN!

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
exc.gif