• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The mini SNES Classic launches in September for $80

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
_1024.0.png

Nintendo has revealed details for the SNES Classic. The standalone mini console will feature 21 games, including Super Mario World, Earthbound, Super Mario Kart, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. But the most surprising inclusion is Star Fox 2, the unreleased sequel to the original Star Fox for SNES.

The Super NES Classic Edition will launch on September 29th for $79.99. Like its predecessor the NES Classic, it will allow players to easily play retro games on high-definition televisions, thanks to an HDMI connection.

The full list of games included on the SNES Classic follows:
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island
The Super NES Classic is Nintendo’s follow-up to the NES Classic, which launched in fall 2016. The console was notoriously difficult to find due to limited stock, and was discontinued earlier this year.

snes_classic_games_1024.png

Last edited:

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I guess licensing is preventing additional titles. Add a baseball game and I would be all over this as I had SNES back in the day. Without it I don't see enough games I'd play repeatedly beyond Mario Kart. Oh, and yeah Mike, I know I could build my own ;)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Oh, and yeah Mike, I know I could build my own ;)

I'm still waiting for your RSVP :D

Unless you really like the look of the reproduced mini case then I would say go Raspberry Pi + Retropie and be able to play literally thousands of games not only limited to NES and SNES but you can do other systems as well like Gameboy, Master System, Genesis and even MAME. There is even a cool NEW looking case for it too

719K5JlO61L._SL1500_.jpg

81bEZ-RPAeL._SL1500_.jpg

71GM0nIdKeL._SL1500_.jpg

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Awesome, another limited run console I can buy for reasonably-inflated prices off a re-seller. I'm guessing production will stop once the red glow from the brake lights is no longer visible on the transport trailer driving out of the Nintendo warehouse.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Nintendo is saying they produced a lot more units this time. A small shortage provides free advertising for them, a large shortfall is just money left on the table so hopefully these are fairly easy to find between now and Christmas.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I heard they stop producing the NES Classic because it was starting to outsell the Switch :p

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
$99.96 CAD plus tax is $112.95

I got an order confirmation from Wal-Mart on-line with free shipping.

Hopefully the delivery step goes well. :)

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
If anyone comes across one of these for around $100, please PM me. Trying to find one for my son for xmas. Thanks!

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
The Super NES certainly isn't as in demand as last year's NES classic. Super NES Classic available on kijiji for $140 just 2 weeks before Christmas.

And keep in mind mine was $113 new.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I ended up buying one yesterday for a $30 premium on kijiji. He delivered it and sent me his receipt. I don't mind paying a premium so I don't have to spend time driving around trying to find one. My son will be happy.

Reactions: CJBob

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
The Super NES certainly isn't as in demand as last year's NES classic. Super NES Classic available on kijiji for $140 just 2 weeks before Christmas.

And keep in mind mine was $113 new.

I was curious about the Snes Classic and just checked on Kijiji. Most were just under $200 and as high as $300 in NS. Might be cheaper to make a Raspberry Pi version with RetroPie.

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
Apparently you can also hack the Snes Classic and add the other 700+ Snes roms available. Or with Retropie you can have every emulator and game rom available.