• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Uncanny X-Men Pre-orders are up!

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Not a big deal but I always hate that I'm on a Canadian site and dealers still post in usd.
I get that the dollar fluctuates but you bout in at a certain exchange so list a price. Because I doubt if our dollar jumped to par it would still be listed in usd.

Reactions: CTRL_CV

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
Well thats different if they have too. But you'd think they could list the cad along side.
I get that these manufacturers are focing this with international resellers but what I really hate are Canadians posting their used pins in USD. I think that the Pinside equivalence in pricing is the idea or reasoning but just do the conversion and list the price in CDN. People will buy or you will have to reduce your price, if you need to sell. That is something that the forum admins can enforce.

Back to the NIB X-Men sales....

ManaLounge

Apr 29, 2024
London, ON
www.manalounge.ca
But don't the resellers buy them?? I buy from the US and China but don't sell in those currencies? It's really the only industry that you see this.
Resellers are different from authorized dealers.

Authorized dealers have to follow the agreements they have in place with the manufacturers. They set the rules, we follow or don't become authorized dealers anymore.

Reactions: gunner007

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Resellers are different from authorized dealers.

Authorized dealers have to follow the agreements they have in place with the manufacturers. They set the rules, we follow or don't become authorized dealers anymore.
Just a question. I get it. Just weird you can't list cad as well. That's all. Back to NIB

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Looks like an innovative machine - the bottom left flipper area is very cool. I look forward to playing one, but am sooo done with the Marvel Universe...

ManaLounge

Apr 29, 2024
London, ON
www.manalounge.ca
Ordering from P1 and they already have a CDN $$ price. I've had a few quotes in the past and they are always in CDN
Yep you can quote (and bill) in CDN no problem, you just can't list in CDN so there's price parity everywhere which strengths brand appeal (fwiw a lot of companies do this).

Example:
- You contact me looking for a new machine listed at $9500 USD
- I go check the conversion for the day and then give you a direct quote in Canadian funds w/ tax and shipping options if applicable so its more understandable and easily digested

Its not the smoothest process, but that's the way we have to do it :)

Hope that helps!

ManaLounge

Apr 29, 2024
London, ON
www.manalounge.ca
Looks like an innovative machine - the bottom left flipper area is very cool. I look forward to playing one, but am sooo done with the Marvel Universe...
I will admit, when I heard the rumor it was x-men I thought the same thing... then I saw the machine and the innovation, art package etc, and I'm in love with it! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Ordering from P1 and they already have a CDN $$ price. I've had a few quotes in the past and they are always in CDN
P1 has always given me USD prices, every single time until the day it was ready to ship. Then it was CDN $$. In stock machines might be a different story, but it's been a long time since they had things in stock LOL. That's a pretty recent thing.

Reactions: gunner007