• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Trying to beat Jurassic Park & and making it easier for non-pinball friends...

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
So, Ive had JP since 2020, love everything about it, but I find it brutal, particularly the outlanes and particularly for friends/neighbors who gravitate to the game only to have the game kick their ass in a couple of minutes and never see the T-Rex "eat their ball."

So, I reduced the openings to the outlanes:
20240822_185812.jpg
20240822_185804.jpg

I did this by using a star post and cutting flipper rubber to size and then doubling up the strip of flipper rubber around the post as you can see in pictures above. Materials below and obviously a very cheap mod:

20240822_185828.jpg

When you place a ball in the opening and measure the space between the edge of the ball and the post for the left outlane it is a little less than 3/16 of an inch and on the right outlane it is close to 1/8 of an inch.

The net result is:
1) there are definitely less outlane drains. Are there still outlane drains? You bet there are!! A surprising number actually.
2) Game time is longer, but not like LOTR or MB longer.
3) I have been getting deeper into the game and this is very satisfying.
4) Multiballs last longer and are more fun.
5) Im making more combo shots with longer ball time.
6) I want to play it more.
7) It is not too easy - if it were too easy, it would be a bore - and on an average game, I still score 50 million to 250 million, but am getting into the harder paddocks and just last night got into the Raptor paddock (just below the Visitor Center) and I haven't made it there since the machine was new (to me) and I was playing daily during the pandemic.

Its obviously very easy to install the original posts back if I wanted to and these post are still in demo stage. Ie, if I want to keep it (and Im thinking I will) I will work on the esthetics and work to have the distance between the edge of the ball and the post at 3/16" for both outlanes (my OCD, lol.)

So, I wanted to share in the event that you love your JP and you are tired of it being too punishing. BTW, I also have JAWS, MMr and Rush and do not feel the need to do this.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
You know, Ive never tried that. Thanks, I will look into it. But as well, I would like to make it all the way to Escape Nublar in normal game-play.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I mean you could block outlanes. At a certain point it may just be as valid to take the glass off and prevent drains all together. The game is hard and meant to not have everyone get to the end. I think I’ve only payed Escape Nublar 3 or 4 times while in real gameplay(in 5 years). Never escaped though. My GC is 4.2B on JP.

Attachments

• IMG_3339.jpeg
    IMG_3339.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 18

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Update: I made it to visitors center...very cool!! ...and nice extra points based on your progress you built up playing. Right now, most my pinball time is spent on JP!

Attachments

• 20240828_211655.jpg
    20240828_211655.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 6