• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TZ Rom (For no ghosting LED's?)

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Im not sure that im clear... if there is a Rom version (or custom flash) that will fix the ghosting with LED's?
From what I have read so far....I just dont see in any descriptions on roms that they cure the ghosting but I know they are capable of doing so.

If there is a Rom that can fix this... which version is it?

Me thinks I needz to buy one.... going with the "non ghosting leds" would cost much more... aside of the fact I got 80% of it done already.:confused:

But the improvements would be a plus too!

Maybe it would be a win win situation:D

Please enlighten me my pinball obsessed brothers! ;) LOL

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
Are you getting ghosting or flickering? If it's flicker, set "Allow Dimable" to NO.

If it's ghosting, it still might be less expensive to replace with non-ghosting LEDs, as opposed to the LED OCD boards. Don't you need to buy two boards - one for G.I. and one for everything else? They do bring back the original look of the lights on a pin though...

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
I had non ghosting roms burnt for my demo man, sttng and whitewater. Did full regular LEDS in demoman and no ghosting with the new rom

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Are you getting ghosting or flickering? If it's flicker, set "Allow Dimable" to NO.

If it's ghosting, it still might be less expensive to replace with non-ghosting LEDs, as opposed to the LED OCD boards. Don't you need to buy two boards - one for G.I. and one for everything else? They do bring back the original look of the lights on a pin though...

I looked everywhere in my menus i cant seem to find (Allow Dimable) maybe my rom is too old?

Im going to have to buy a rom and see if its in there :( Cuz for now I just dont see it in my menus...... Crap

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
I found the "Allow Dimable" and set it. Its looking like flicker is still occurring and is the bigger issue.

If im getting it right,

Flicker is: light on but pulses quickly, almost strobe-like?
Ghosting is: Light off... but still glows faintly?

Shame.. I love the look of the led's (from ThePlaydiumStore) they are not toooo overly bright but the strobe-like effect is distracting.
Old school bulbs may lack the brightness... but that soft look they have is awesome/authentic.

Its funny eh, its almost like the old arcade games... we can emulate them... but for me, not seeing the low res scan lines, takes away from that look most of us remember. Then, people come up with ways to re-create that look, some co$t lots of moneys too.. Hardware, others dont (software)

Thank god we have people knowledged enough and care enough to come up with fixes

I'll try the rom from a gentleman in our forums... and take it from there I guess.
Ill see what happens after the rom (as mitch_a said its helped him) Its worth a shot.

Guys, thanks so much for your time!

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
My ROM version is 9.4

Adjustments > Standard Adjustments > Allow Dim Illum. Set to "No".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457281353.457991.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
That's my understanding of ghosting vs. flicker.

I bought non-ghosting LED's (warm white clear dome) from Pinball Life or CoinTaker, and they've been good. The LED OCD boards are awesome for bringing back the authentic look of bulbs, but keeping all the benefits of LEDs.

I got my 9.4 ROM from Dave Astill in Collingwood. It has some added features like being able to 'pause' your game, and trying out LITZ if you've never gotten to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
The dimming feature only affects the GI, not the inserts. There is a non-ghosting patch that can be applied to I think any ROM, but it has to be done manually. Dave Astill will have all of the non-ghosting ROM's available, just reach out to him and he can burn you a set. (I believe he is having a sale on right now)

D