• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

A couple awesome pinball documentaries

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Tilt is great. Its even better watching it a second time with the audio commentary. Many more details buried within.

Special When Lit seemed to be all over the map. Didn't enjoy that one so much.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I really liked SWL but being part of the competitive community I know most of the people they were talking to and filming. I was there during the events when some of this stuff was filmed and saw the crews running around so that was kinda cool.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
My Dad really enjoys documentaries so I made him watch both of them with me while he was home for the holidays, and he thoroughly enjoyed them. For SWL, it was interesting for him to see other collectors perspective on the hobby and gave him a better understanding of why I enjoy it as much as I do. It also introduced him to the competitive portion of the hobby which he never even knew existed. As for Tilt, he and I share the same passion for how things work so he was totally taken by the story of P2K, and what the design team managed to accomplish given the pressure they were under.

Both excellent flicks IMO.

D

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
I found Tilt to be more about the fall of Bally/WMS than the "fall of pinball". Which makes sense really, considering the resurgence of pinball lately (albeit a small one).

Also check out Pinball 101. Not necessarily a documentary, but a great learning tool on how to play the game.. and some REALLY cool camera shots as well.