• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Alltek MPU Bally

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I can vouch for barakandl's boards. They work just as well as anything out there. Alltek has DIP switches that you can set to function in any Bally/Stern game, while barakandl's boards work using ROMs like an original board would.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
I can vouch for barakandl's boards. They work just as well as anything out there. Alltek has DIP switches that you can set to function in any Bally/Stern game, while barakandl's boards work using ROMs like an original board would.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The original Bally/Stern boards also have dip switches for setting features and audits. Can these settings still be made with barackandI's boards?

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
The original Bally/Stern boards also have dip switches for setting features and audits. Can these settings still be made with barackandI's boards?
Down the right side

s-l1600.jpg

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Alltek has two sets of DIPs--one controls the audits/options like an original board would, and one that controls game "ROM" selection. Alltek also doesn't require batteries.

Barakandl's boards function almost identical to an original, requiring unique game Roms to be installed. Barakandl's also have a NVRam on board...so no batteries needed there either.

Alltek - $199US + $16US shipping within the US. (Or $26 US shipped to Canada)

Barakandl - $160 US total shipped within the US, including a set of Roms installed. (Unknown to me how much the shipping charge to Canada is).

Alltek is a bit more of a proven commodity. Barakandl's costs less. Either is an acceptable option in my opinion.