• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

America's Most Haunted Promo Video

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PYG8vGkBosA[/youtube]

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
:FP:

These guys are the Alvin G of boutique pins

Know any good Alvin G games???

My point being, that this trailer would not fill me with confidence if I was buying this game.

By comparison while Predator hasn't actually released a trailer, every time I see video of the game I like what I see.

The voice calls, music and sound on that game are terrible. Animations are cool on the DMD though

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Couldn't watch all of that. The less than 1 minute I watched was terrible. This is a case where no video is better than the video. :FP:

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
So... This is a new game? Might be fun for a game or two

But Wow that's a crappy video.

Looks like cheap second hand games are around the corner again. Might have to wait a couple years, but I don't see this holding much value

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Are they not going for that tacky 1980s feel with the game itself? Maybe that's why this tacky video was made the way it was. Is this not the game that featured a photographic translite and side art a la Premier games of the 1980s which was removed after a universal THUMBS DOWN from the community at Expo?

Would love to see them achieve success, but if this pinball machine is half as annoying as the podcast these guys put out, potential owners are in a lot of trouble.

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
ya I think I may be out of this now. Now just need to figure out if i still want predator. Waiting for some video on that one. ST is starting to look good.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
It is difficult for me to put this delicately, so I suggest this.

1) Play this machine personally before you commit to buying it.
2) Drano and I played this at Expo; (for 1 ball each) and moved on.
3) Reread # 1 and # 2 if in doubt.

I recommended to a friend "not" to buy it. Never done that before.

Cheers.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Chris,

It was lame for a new pin. Sorry. We literally left after playing 1 ball each.

I admire everyone making new pins, I am glad that they all are. I like most pins to some degree or another.
This one despite the team, Steve Ritchie, the "hot server" chicks from the restaurant "Twin Peaks" close by, it
is just cheese. We at least need nachos or pasta or meat or veggies or crackers or something to put cheese on.
I would not buy it or recommend you do unless you play it first.

By the same token, I suggest the same for Woz, ST and even Predator. Surprisingly, having played all of these pins
I understand why people like Woz, and ST, and Predator. I would recommend you play those, and if you like them
buy them. Oh, and the sleeper hit was Scott's Wrath of Olympus. Well done, and I recommend it if he builds it too.

Scott

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
There is no shortage of talking about big boobs and (supposedly) hot chicks by the Spooky Pinball guys. I like boobs and hot girls as much as (maybe more than) the next guy, but it comes off as cringe-inducing, frat house unprofessionalism at times with these guys.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
I think I was third on their list...got the email requesting the payment. Sent an email saying I wanted to see a video before I committed to the machine....yup, I am taking the high road on this one!

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
americafuckyeah.jpg

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
WARLOCK said:
Chris,

It was lame for a new pin. Sorry. We literally left after playing 1 ball each.

No need to apologize, I didn't make it, but was wondering why it didn't work for you. I've been waiting for them to post some video of an actual game getting played.

I got out of Predator because I lost confidence in them producing a quality game, I think a lot of these boutiques are going to be spectacular failures.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Chris.
As Scott mentioned. We each left after one ball. In fact, I don't think I even waited for it to drain.
My ball time was something like 5 minutes before I gave up... and I'm sure I was turning my head to carry on a conversation with Scott during a lot of it.

The shots did not feel good, the callouts were a joke. The game is super "home brew".
These guys are definitley part of the "maker movement". Great technical skills but, designers they are not.
It lacked feel, style and quality.

Maybe one ball isnt enough to really judge a game.
Maybe we should come up with something like the Lance Armstrong award for pins like this :D