• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Annie live musical Theatre Nov.7-16/13

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
My daughter Megan is "Annie" in the lead role in Toronto right now. Opening night was last night. The show was fantastic. This is a great
group of people putting on this play.

Annie is put on by Curtain Call Players. http://www.curtaincallplayers.com. If you like theatre and enjoy great musical theatre, take your family
and kids. This troupe is incredibly talented, actors and crew alike. They have rehearsed for 3 months to do 7 performances Nov. 7-16/13.
Good seats are still available for several of the performances. Order tickets and choose your own seats through their website.

The play runs this week and next week at the Fairview Library Theatre in North York. The Theatre and library just had a huge 4.5 million
dollar face lift and reno. It is an intimate 250 seat theatre that really lends itself to this type of performance.

I don't usually advertise much, and I know my daughter is the lead, but every member who participated in this production is simply fantastic.
There is a live orchestra, it is live theatre, and for the calibre of production you will see, the ticket prices are inexpensive imho and the
production is amazing.

If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend it.
Enjoy.

playmoball

Nov 25, 2012
Montreal
Scott, i can imagine how proud you are.
The day something like that will happen with my daughter,
I'll be the happiest father in the world ( wich i am already ).

If the show come to Mtl, let me know ;)
I'll be in first row for sure.

See you soon my friend

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Thanks Rob. Much appreciated.
I taught her to sing very, very young.

We put her in gymnastics, dance, vocal, choir, music, many sports etc.
Then we said it was her choice to do what she wanted to around age 7.

No pressure, but she chooses what is for her. Music and acting followed next.
She loves it, so we will support her, however far she wants to go with it, or anything else.

I think parents just hope their kids are better one day than the sum of what we (parents) are.
Given opportunity and encouragement, I have no doubt that this is achievable by anyone, anywhere.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Well, week 1 of "Annie" went so well for cast, crew and audience, I don't know if I can add much.

Every performance was either "sold out" or extremely full and close to it. It was a pleasure to watch.

The cast did a dress rehearsal Tuesday, a second "dress rehearsal" with some paying customers Wednesday.
Then Thursday night was "opening night". My son and I attended, and it was mostly sold out for a Thursday.
We had a great time and enjoyed the show.

Friday night and Saturday night were great performances again, and my daughter (of course) and wife are
there non-stop.

Today's performance was a matinee, and was sold out, with a few extra seats added to accommodate all.
It was the best performance to date according to Martin, the actor who plays Daddy Warbucks.

Congrats to all the people involved with this production, and to Keith and all his crew at CurtainCallPlayers.

Next week is Thursday and Friday evening performances, and a Saturday afternoon matinee before it closes.
There are some good seats available still.
Enjoy.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
WARLOCK said:
Thanks Rob. Much appreciated.
I taught her to sing very, very young.

We put her in gymnastics, dance, vocal, choir, music, many sports etc.
Then we said it was her choice to do what she wanted to around age 7.

No pressure, but she chooses what is for her. Music and acting followed next.
She loves it, so we will support her, however far she wants to go with it, or anything else.

I think parents just hope their kids are better one day than the sum of what we (parents) are.
Given opportunity and encouragement, I have no doubt that this is achievable by anyone, anywhere.

Your job as a parent is to prepare your child for life, and get them ready for adulthood. Sounds like your doing a fabulous job. Congrats to the family.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
A couple people reminded me lately that I may be erasing a few too many posts that perhaps I shouldn't be.
I will put this one back as it finishes off a story and a chapter in our lives.

Annie is all done and life will return to normal for a while. Great experience. It took up almost 4 months of our lives.
Here is a review link from last week that sums it up. (Perhaps) I will write a summary in a few days once I have the energy
to think again (properly) before I write.

Cast party last night (Nov.16) was excellent that followed the last performance yesterday afternoon. (which was fantastic)
Thanks to everyone involved and all those people who were all so very good to my daughter.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...annie-spreads-sunshine-on-stage-until-nov-16/

Actually, I think I am all done with this chapter of our lives (for now) unless someone wants to add something. Cheers.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Dang, the link to the story doesn't work... but this sounded like a great expereince for Megan (and her parents) I'm sure.
Well done!

When does it come out on DVD? :D

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Oops, the link must be too old now for that review.

Some of the comments from Megan's fellow cast and crew were.

"She is easy to work with."
"She has a beautiful voice."
"She has natural stage smarts."
"She has natural stage presence."
"We will watch your career with great interest."
Director said: "She blew me away with every rehearsal and every performance."
From a professional and community theatre actor: "She plays Annie as well as any actor has at anytime or anywhere, professional or otherwise."
"Megan is an old soul."

DVD release will be in 2-3 months.
We are looking forward to it.
We're very proud of her.

She finally made it to school on time Nov.25th for the first time in several weeks. She is tired still, but for a growing eleven year old, she needed
to sleep in and recover and rest last week. She is ecstatic to be back at school with her friends, even though she misses the play still of course.