• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

anyone know of affordable glass in gta?

stuartr7

Dec 18, 2012
HI Guys,
looking to get some new glass for standard and widebody games.
the lowest in oshawa is around $70, anyone reccomend a vendor that sell glass cheaper?
Thanks

stuartr7

Dec 18, 2012
would have been nice but michigan is a little too far for me!,looking for something a bit more local!
thanks

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Hi. We have brand new, bevelled edge, tempered standard size pinball glass in stock.
They are $50 each, 2 for $90 and as "Data East" used to say: Best Deal: 3 for $120!

Pay cash and there is no tax!

Mike

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Mike,
Great to see you here Mike. Brewmanager and I have both bought glass from Mike when we were short, and had no time for a US run.
I went back the second time for 3 sheets more @ $40 each for $120. Thanks again. They are all in use.
Scott

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I also got some glass from Mike for my TOM, couldn't believe what a difference some fresh glass can make for a game.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
If you do not mind me lightly hijacking this thread ... If I was to phone a glass store to get a sheet cut (and get a price), what do I ask for? Tempered Glass, what about the size and edges? I am in ottawa, and will try to compile a short list of stores that I called and their prices
Thanks!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
At $40/sheet if you buy 3, Mike's pricing is very good!
I just got 6 for all my wedgeheads. It'll make a huge difference.

The price of glass has gotten a bit stupid in the last year or two. If you get prices anywhere in that ballpark you are doing well.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
thank you very much guys! Hopefully I can find something affordable in ottawa ... nice little project to do while I wait for my shipments from PBR and Cliffy.
~D

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
I wish Mike lived closer to Ottawa. Cheapest is 63+tax from zeibart which not actually not that bad, most people in ottawa quote MSRP at about $73

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
My friend manages a few apartment buildings and properties got me a few sheets of tempered glass in the past through one of his work suppliers. When I asked how much his response was why do you care since it is FREE :lol: I will ask and if people are interested maybe we should approach a vendor and try to organize a bulk buy for a better price. I know Duane is coming into Toronto from Ottawa in the new few weeks and could bring them back for people like Derek if everyone agrees Toronto is a good point of order and pick up from?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
thewebexpert said:
I wish Mike lived closer to Ottawa. Cheapest is 63+tax from zeibart which not actually not that bad, most people in ottawa quote MSRP at about $73

What other shops have you tried?
Just a quick search yielded quite a few glass shops in Ottawa.
I think if you discuss a bulk buy with them (as Mike suggets), you should be able to get closer to $50 or less.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
I called about 15 and they ALL buy from one shop in stittsville. I will try again with the $63 at zeibart , I am sure if I buy 4 they will lower the price a bit. They were the cheapest ...