• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Ball gets stuck

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
hey guys.
My ball keeps getting stuck in my LAH multi ball scoop...it stays there until all coils fire then it ejects and the game continues. Is this simply a bad diode or is it a switch issue?
Also, when I drop coins in, the coins won't register. Is this just a faulty switch as well?
Thanks for the help!
Kyle

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
If you check the manual there is a switch matrix like this

Screenshot_2016-04-16-19-51-55.png

Did you try putting your game in switch test mode and see what happens when you manually trigger with the ball in the scoop of using your finger to close switch from under the playfield.

In your case it looks like switches #57 Middle Scoop Left, #4 or #5 or #6 for coin drop are not working. You didn't specificy which coin slot so check the wires on all switches to make sure it did break off one of the tabs. I was going to say you had a switch matrix issue but they are all on different rows and columns. Check and let is know what you find out. Hopefully just a broken wire or adjustment.

Last edited:

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Thanks guys. I will check when I get back to work.
If I can't figure it out, for sale it goes! I don't think you will find a nicer example!
Looks great!

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Side note mike....
The VUK in the upper right corner that feeds the crane sometimes works intermittently. Had an issue one day, not anything since?
That's why I buy NIB and sell for a loss when I sell

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
The switch could be fine, but the actuator arm might be misaligned. I had to fiddle with the one in my Starship Troopers machine to get it to sit correctly. If you do a manual switch test, and the switch works, look at how the ball triggers the switch. It probably isn't pushing the actuator arm down far enough.