• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Bally BLACK BELT (1986)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hello Everyone,
It is with a heavy heart that I'm putting up my Bally BLACK BELT for sale.
This is a super rare machine with just 600 units produced during the lean years of Bally Midway.
The game is chock full of cheesy 6803 goodness and is hilarious to play.

Game play consists of collecting belts (yellow, green, blue and black) in order to achieve higher playfield bonus from 2x up to 5x. This multiplier carries over from ball to ball and the game's infectious music gets faster and faster as you progress to higher belt levels.

In order to gain belts you must collect all of the body shots. The game has 4 flippers... including a reverse "karate chop" flipper in the upper right for a unique and very satisfying reverse ramp shot. The two top flipper shots award the left and right body. The right and left legs are collected via 3 stand-up targets each and finally the body is collected via the centre saucer (aka, crotch-shot), complete with painful sound effects ;)
If you can manage to collect this shot last, you will be rewarded with an extra ball!

The other main objective is to raise your bonus multiplier. This is done by spelling KARATE via the 6 yellow drop targets.

The game feature an awesome skill shot. "A gentle touch scores much" and soft plunges that still make the top mushroom switch will receive max value and even a chance at an extra ball on ball 3.

It's a really fun game when played with friends.

Condition is average... it's a player.
Cabinet is solid but a bit faded. Backglass is intact but has some typical spider vein from the old lamp that Bally used in these games. Playfield and plastics are also 'okay' but they won't be winning any beauty contests.

It's just a fun machine to play and beat around on. I had to pay $1000 USD to secure this machine about a year ago. I've enjoyed it and want to be fair so I'm looking to get $1000 CAD for it.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Thanks!

20160217_114354.jpg

20160217_114400.jpg

20160217_114410.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Never heard of this one before, cool theme. Love the creepy guy up on the top right hand corner just out of place staring at you.....

That's the sensei! He's just above the "target of tranquility" :)
There is a switch about half-way up the shooter lane. When you make the switch it starts a sequence of inserts that increase in value and they lead up to the mushroom target at the top of the lane... just below that face. The longer it takes to make that switch, the more you earn. Hence "a gentle touch, scores much".

The game is just hilarious if you ask me. We had this set up in our room at Allentown last year and (while everyone laughed at first) it ended up being a blast. It's currently in my design studio at work and the guys here love playing it.

Considering the survival rate of most machines of this vintage, I'd be very surprised if there were more then 50 or 60 of these left on the planet.

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Looks like the game is spoken for.
Just waiting on payment tomorrow.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.