• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Bally Medusa

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardwalk

Oct 29, 2014
Orangeville
Bally Medusa 1981, a very hard game to find due to the low production of only 3,250 games.

Medusa is one of the most challenging pinball games on par with other classics like: EBD, Centaur, Fathom, and Xenon.The zipper flippers are very unique allowing a separation between the upper/lower playfield. The center, numerical display in the playfield is unique and helps keep track of extra ball, match counters and two other game play counters. Has a "flippable" center post called the Shield of the Gods which has saved a great many drains. Medusa takes a long time to learn the complex deep rule set. It is not an easy game, & scoring over a million is considered a good game.

Features: light bar along the back, 4 pop bumpers 7 Drop Targets in upper playfield and 4 more drop targets in lower playfield, 4 flippers, lights underneath the lower 2 flippers.

This machine was checked and tested thoroughly by a highly qualified and experienced pinball technician and it plays great

Here is the rating/condition I would give the game based on a scale of 1 out of 10

Pinball Backglass – 8

Cabinet – 7.5

Playfield – 7

Plastics – 9.5

Disclaimer

You are welcome to come over and play the heck out of the game. See for yourself the condition and how well the game plays and works. Please note, once the game leaves my home, I will not be responsible for any malfunctions. The games is sold as is and there will be no refunds or returns accepted.

Attachments

• M1.JPG
    M1.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 101
  • M2.JPG
    M2.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 94
  • M3.JPG
    M3.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 103
  • M4.JPG
    M4.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 95
  • M5.JPG
    M5.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 98
  • M6.JPG
    M6.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 91
  • M7.JPG
    M7.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 90
  • M8.JPG
    M8.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 87
  • M9.JPG
    M9.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 88
  • M10.JPG
    M10.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Watching the HEP restore on pinside of this title really makes me want one. Good looking game, wish I was a little more flush with cash right now, good luck with your sale.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I'm looking for a Medusa but sorry the price doesn't reflect the condition of this machine.

I had a nicer example of this machine earlier this year and got nearly $1K more for it than this seller is asking. Plenty of room in there to add a CPR playfield and some touch up on the cab I think.

It may not be the price you would want to pay, but that's probably not far from where the market is unfortunately.

Last edited:

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I had a nicer example of this machine earlier this year and got nearly $1K more for it than this seller is asking. Plenty of room in there to add a CPR playfield and some touch up on the cab I think.

It may not be the price you would want to pay, but that's probably not far from where the market is unfortunately.

Agreed... two on pinside right now, though both have playfields in better than average shape, once you consider the exchange rate this one is a a good option with a CPR playfield... if you're up for the swap effort of course :).

HPR pinball

Jul 27, 2013
Laval, Quebec

No problem for the price, but for 2500$ i will wait for a lot better example of Medusa. It will come soon or later.
No cpr repro for me, this repro playfield is one of the worst cpr made because all the colors and details are terribly wrong. I bought cpr repro playfields in the past (Centaur and Fathom) and sell them all, not good enough to my standard.

Halfwasted

Aug 10, 2016
Sudbury
No problem for the price, but for 2500$ i will wait for a lot better example of Medusa. It will come soon or later.
No cpr repro for me, this repro playfield is one of the worst cpr made because all the colors and details are terribly wrong. I bought cpr repro playfields in the past (Centaur and Fathom) and sell them all, not good enough to my standard.

If your not interested that's fine. But don't troll on other posts...

Reactions: boardwalk

seb951

Jul 6, 2014
Canada
The playfield is messed. Price is through the roof for that. That's a project and your selling it at almost a complete price.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hey guys. We don't need anymore price policing here. If the game is overpriced it won't sell... pure and simple.

In my recent experience, the market for the more collectible classics Bally (Centaur, Fathom, Medusa) is pushing well above $3K in most cases so take that into consideration.

Reactions: MapleSyrup

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Not sure I would group Medusa in with fathom and centaur. I mean there aren't any in line drops and there's no multi ball.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
And besides, fathom and centaur are $4k+ now anyway.

I did say 'well above $3K" ;)

I personally wouldn't group Medusa with those two games either... at least in terms of gameplay of course. However, that doesn't change the fact that it does have a huge following and collectors (particularly those south of the border) seem to pay very good money for it.

I'm also comparing it to the vast majority of other Bally from the same era like Eight Ball Evel Knievel or Playboy. Those games go for half as much while the 3 titles I mentioned are always a lot higher. KISS is another one. That game goes for $4K all day long and it's the biggest dog of them all. Still, it doesn't stop people from paying through the nose for one.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
I will agree the old ballys have gone up like everything else but centaur and fathom are at another level imo. Grouping Medusa in with them for price references is just going to pump Medusa even higher.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Okay, okay... we'll keep them separated ;)

Centaur, Fathom, KISS > $4K

Medusa > $3K

EK, 8B, Playboy etc... > $1K-$2K

This seller sure is getting a lot of free bumps :rolleyes:

Reactions: boardwalk

boardwalk

Oct 29, 2014
Orangeville
First thanks, for everyone’s support. I believe that Adriano is bang on. If something is overpriced it won't sell. Let’s also understand that there are price guidelines, such as Pinside and Mr Pinball to name two. Both have data to support what the games actually sold for on those two sites. These prices are guidelines and not fixed in stone. Some pay more some pay less. But to pull prices out of ones @ss is completely biased and self-opinion initiated. Also two sellers here on Pinball Revolution sold their games, that were in much better condition than mine for around $3600. Yes my playfield is not in terrific condition and maybe my price of $2500 seems to be high to certain people. But price is subjective. None of the trolls are actually interested in buying the game……..ie offering less money for it. They simple want to make a point of being the pricing police. I would be happy to negotiate a better price to any serious buyer. CPR still stocks brand new playfields. Pinball Pimp sells cabinet stencils for this game. Any serious buyer can make this game into a $3600. game. If some pinhead thinks that they are going to find a Medusa for say $1500. they are dreaming. For two reasons. 1) Most of them are in the USA and not in Canada due to the low production. 2) Even if you could find one in the USA with a trashed playfield you are going to pay a lot more simply because of the 30% currency exchange. Not to mention the transportation costs and possible Customs & Duty bringing it to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.