• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Best airport for pinball? Calgary!

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Was in Calgary last weekend and lets just say I was not bored waiting for my flight back to Toronto. It basically brought up a thought - is there a better airport with a better lineup of pins than Calgary International Airport?

Some pics:

The older B/W pins were not in the best shape but generally playable. The AFM was a treat but was missing the dancing green alien toys and the backbox bulbs weren't working.
There's another wing of the airport that has a few more pins, an AC/DC Pro and a roller coaster tycoon I believe. All games were $1 a game or $2 for 3 games.
All in all a fun time while waiting for my flight! :D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
One of the two airports in Orlando (unfortunately I cannot recall which one) had a nice lineup of pins in it's arcade as well. My son and I almost missed our flight because we were too busy playing POTC! LOL

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Wow!
I fly a lot and almost never see pins in an airport :(

I'm definitley going to all the wrong places!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
jooky said:
The older B/W pins were not in the best shape but generally playable. The AFM was a treat but was missing the dancing green alien toys and the backbox bulbs weren't working.

That AFM has a pretty decent looking cab with hardly any fade on it. The backbox bulbs were probably missing to reduce the stress on the connector from being on all day or bulbs were pilfered for burnt out ones on the playfield because the OP didn't have any at the time.

purpledrillmonkey

Feb 19, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I can second the Edmonton airport pinball. I think Calgary has bigger selection but Edmonton domestic/intl departure has (last I saw) Xmen, ACDC, IM, and a bunch of other newer titles. It's hit and miss on quality but they are better than average pins I find in the wild out west here.