• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Bob's Joker Poker Thread

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
So I spent a few days just playing the heck out of this game. This is by far my favourite, a perfect match for my love of drop targets.

There was an orange hydro sticker on the top apron which I took off and I replaced the rules and free game cards with newly printed cards. The sizing and font had already been done by someone so I just grabbed the files from ipdb and printed it out. My wife had some 3M self laminating pages from Michaels which worked quite well for the purpose:

Next up was to start replacing the drop targets, all of which were very worn and many of which were not the correct targets. I started with Kings since there are only 4. For a guy who doesn't fix things this went very well, I'm glad I bought the scope magnet screw retriever as I dropped screws and springs multiple times. Here's the before and after:

I'd switched drop targets on Bobby Orr previously so it went well and they actually still work, I'll work on the aces next. I also need to see how cleaning the playfield works, it's in good shape underneath but pretty dirty.

Just little things in the grand scheme of things but I'm loving this.

Last edited: