• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Bowen Star Trek Tutorial With New 1.3 Code

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
This is really the first time I have ever looked at the game...seems pretty cool for a new Stern which are normally not my bag. Interesting rule set. However, as Bowen says a few times, "If you are familiar with Spiderman, this will look familiar"...so it sounds like if you own a SM, this is pretty much a do-over. And I'm sure I'll be disappointed with its Zizzle-esque build quality when seeing it in person.

Animations have a bouncy flow to them. I like the cartoon-y look...but that may not be for everyone. Lots of choice available to the player during gameplay. I like the use of colour-changers to alert the player where to shoot (hand-holding for the novice), and proves that Stern is still after the casual player.

I guess the question still remains: can the LE justify the price difference in gameplay? Should find out soon.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
spiroagnew said:
However, as Bowen says a few times, "If you are familiar with Spiderman, this will look familiar"...so it sounds like if you own a SM, this is pretty much a do-over.

Isn't this almost always the case when it comes to Steve Ritchie designing a game? I think if you are a big Star Trek fan and don't own a STTNG (or SM) a STPro would certainly fill that void for around the same price. It is probably more reliable then a STTNG and much cheaper as well as easier to find them a SM too. I can't wait to see videos of the LE but I think the guys at Pinball Refinery did a pretty good job with their Star Trek Pro Refinery Edition. You can see a video of it here in action and I am not a Star Trek but Brock has already pointed out some of the inconsistencies of these mods but they do look cool :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IVidwC-lo4I[/youtube]

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
spiroagnew said:
This is really the first time I have ever looked at the game...seems pretty cool for a new Stern which are normally not my bag. Interesting rule set. However, as Bowen says a few times, "If you are familiar with Spiderman, this will look familiar"...so it sounds like if you own a SM, this is pretty much a do-over. And I'm sure I'll be disappointed with its Zizzle-esque build quality when seeing it in person.

Animations have a bouncy flow to them. I like the cartoon-y look...but that may not be for everyone. Lots of choice available to the player during gameplay. I like the use of colour-changers to alert the player where to shoot (hand-holding for the novice), and proves that Stern is still after the casual player.

I guess the question still remains: can the LE justify the price difference in gameplay? Should find out soon.

That was pretty much my feeling playing it at EXPO .. meant it was fairly easy to do well with the shots being mostly SM and it was fun but it feels just too much like SM