• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

BSD - The one that got away... and came back!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
So, after selling my original one a few months back, BSD is back in the lineup!
It's a pretty nice unfaded example and should be staying a while. It has a few interesting bugs to sort out though... but nothing crazy.
Mostly weird stuff like coin door menu buttons that decide to be difficult sometimes and a phantom "Magnet Unload Error"... even though nothing is actually wrong.

Anyway, it got me thinking...
This is the first game I've actually sold... missed... and purchased again. Sort of a first for me. Usually, if a game is gone, that's it; I'm done with it.
Although I've gotten a bit of a reputation for buying multipes of the same title and upgrading, this is different.
Anyway, glad to have this one back!

I know MWong and Brock have re-purchased several titles over the years. I'm interested in hearing who's got the most "second engagements" in their lineup?

Here's a pic of BSD.
I had some black legs from my TAF and red pincab protectors set aside for my Farfalla.
I figured BSD could pull it off ;)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 250

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
High Speed

Got my third one, which was my original. I bought it back from the original buyer 3 years later. Doing a resto with the CPR playfield I just purchased and it will stay.

Deep Rule set no, memorable and an easy intro for my non pin playing friends...YOU BET.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Drano, just like you, I purchase multiple copies of the same pin and keep the best example.
I have had too many double and triple examples of pins to recall them without making a list.

However, to buy a pin, then sell it, then buy it back again, I have only done this twice.

Indiana Jones (1993) Williams is back home for good. It won't leave again anytime soon.
(This is my original pin that I sold and bought back again recently)

No Fear has also returned for now. (My Original copy) I have also bought and sold NF # 2
after the first example went. I can see this one coming and going at every opportunity,
as NF # 1 will perhaps go again soon, and I would like No Fear # 2 back one day once the
owner is ready for another change-up.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
DRANO said:
I know MWong and Brock have re-purchased several titles over the years. I'm interested in hearing who's got the most "second engagements" in their lineup?

That was mostly what I did for 2013 was get back games I previously sold and missed like The Shadow, Johnny Mnemonic and Demolition Man.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Only games I've sold and re-aquired are Whitewater and Rollergames. The previous was to obtain a better copy as the original was misrepresented by the seller (and was bought over long distance). The later I should have never sold my original copy to Chris Hutchins, and I regret it immensely but I at least have another DP example in my lineup again.

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Doctor Who and T2 for me

Still have the DW

I had restored my second T2 completely but after the hack job that was done on my PF by Sparky I couldn't bare to look at it so I sold it again.

Don't think I have plans to ever get another T2

Also bought and sold 2 JL's, keep thinking I like the game then never end up playing it much.

Other games on the return list for me would be, I500, FT, possibly others but I can barely keep track of what I own let alone what I've sold.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
eh97ac said:
High Speed

Got my third one, which was my original. I bought it back from the original buyer 3 years later. Doing a resto with the CPR playfield I just purchased and it will stay.

Deep Rule set no, memorable and an easy intro for my non pin playing friends...YOU BET.

Hope to be doing the same soon :D
I don't know why... but I find myself constantly playing my HS. It just makes me smile. What more can you ask of a pin?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
DRANO said:
Hope to be doing the same soon :D
I don't know why... but I find myself constantly playing my HS. It just makes me smile. What more can you ask of a pin?

A supercharger and better MB ;)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
spiroagnew said:
DRANO said:
... but I find myself constantly playing my HS. It just makes me smile. What more can you ask of a pin?

I prefer the games that make me swear and commit a frustration tilt. But that's most of them for me...

You'll love BSD then

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
DRANO said:

zz-Mark-Metcalfe.jpg

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I guess if I ever sell my pins this will be an issue for me. The only pin I have let go that I want back is BF. :(

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
BSD is on the top of my rerun list. I miss it a great deal. From what I've heard, the fellow that purchased it from me will never part with hit, so the hunt will probably head South of the border.....

tx Dave

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
stiffler4444 said:
BSD is on the top of my rerun list. I miss it a great deal. From what I've heard, the fellow that purchased it from me will never part with hit, so the hunt will probably head South of the border.....

tx Dave

Yeah, you don't see many up here for some reason. It's not like they're super rare.
I guess people are keeping BSD underground ;)

Williams Fan said:
I guess if I ever sell my pins this will be an issue for me. The only pin I have let go that I want back is BF. :(

I'm actually impressed that you've let one go :lol: