• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

C37 disaster - confessions of a magic eraser junkie

manitouguy

Jul 21, 2013
vancouver bc
Hi all, hope it is ok here to link to a rather long winded thread I posted on another pin forum? (I am simply too lazy to re-type it all - it really rambled on!)

I recently turded a pristine C37 playfield, much to my shame, horror and disbelief - the linked thread is an account of that and some trials for a suitable fix that would meet my standards

at any rate - many of you might find it useful or helpful in providing a new option for your own playfield 'fixes', or you may at least find it entertaining !!

regards, Ron

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... ser-junkie

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I know there are a few guys around here who are really into the restorations of EM machines so I'm sure they will chime in, but in my opinion you did a great job salvaging your mistake. I'm not sure that sanding the whole area would be the preferred method, or the method I would choose, but the final result looks nice in the pictures anyways. We all make mistakes, and I think we really show our true colours by the way we react to those mistakes. I can certainly appreciate the time you took to consider your options, and then methodically experiment until you had a result that you were satisfied with. Nice looking playfield!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hey Ron,
I was reading that Pinside thread earlier. You really went all the way :)

I just got my C37 back together this weekend and can feel your pain to some degree. It now has about 3-4 buys that it never had before I restored it :FP:

I've learned the hard way that, especially when it comes to EMs, the enemy of "good" is "better".

Thanks for sharing.