• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

canadian electronic shop?

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
Sorry guys if I ask a question already answered on the forum...
I need to find a canadian/Quebec shop to buy electronic components (chipset, .156 headers, etc...)

Is someone know a good place (with fast delivery)? Maybe a retail place near Montreal?
Is the Playdium the only place to buy a chipset in PQ??

thanks!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I would recommend ordering online from Digi-key as they ship next day!

logo_black.jpg

www.digikey.ca

Great Plains Electronics is also another good place to order from too for these type of things like headers, pins, etc...

Banner_Left.jpg

www.greatplainselectronics.com

Last edited:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
For pin parts, you'll likely not find anyone north of the 49th that will have everything you need in one place, if at all. Ed @ Great Plains is by far the best source as everything he stocks is for our games. Digikey and the like are the next best offerings.

D

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
Really great post! You're good for us brother:)

Funny because I already ordered a ton Of stuff today for all kind of DIY. I was ordering @Mezel (under cab lights) and added pretty much all they have for DIY.

Now I need more specific parts like .156 header and connectors.
You know Pinball is a real passion when ordering clamps and stuff is as much fun as mods;)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Sayal used to be great WAY back in the day when they actually had the majority of their inventory out on the floor. (main location in Scarborough) But they changed their business model years ago and now pretty much anything you need is in the back, which they now charge a $15 line minium which pisses me off. On top of that, they don't carry the right stuff when it comes to all the connectors we use, so don't waste your time unless you're really in a pinch and need something quick.

D

Nick_Craig

Feb 18, 2015
canada
Try ABRA electronics in Montreal, tney have everything for electronics and prices are reasonable. If you end up visiting the store, you will surely walk out with more than what you wanted to get.