• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Color dmd

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
ef23bb1f6312405cd432d4e81f3bfd5ad03fce45.jpeg.jpg

Are there software settings in the firmware you can adjust the x,y position of the DMD position? The last time I had a ColorDMD was when they use to be game specific. Someone on pinside said you can just mount the LCD higher (as shown above) so it doesn't interfere with the LOVE NEVER DIES light board. Perhaps the same can be done for other games mentioned above like Addams Family, Dr Who and Indiana Jones.

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
I am in the process of getting a Met mop LE and it comes with my first color DMD. I am very excited. I have only seen these in videos. I may get my wings clipped after my latest purchase so I may start to upgrade my other pins with color DMDs and lay off the high end pins for awhile. It is bad when your pinball machine is worth more than your cars.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
I was able to play around with the various sound pots and get the settings to where I was happy with it, but it's not for the purist who is going to miss some of the original content or for someone who doesn't want to crack into audio files and adjust themselves.

Not to derail the colordmd love... but the majority of the games have a vanilla dump of the original audio so you can keep it pure but you won't see any sound improvement (garbage in, garbage out).

If it does not have an original dump.... well, you can tinker and do your own (there is a way with Pinsound).... :)

And yes, its great if you love to tinker and know the basics of editing a WAV file.

shinynick

Jan 10, 2013
Georgetown, ON
I have a couple of the LCD ColorDMDs and I picked up the LED version for CV and wow I'm very impressed... much brighter colours and better looking from peripheral angles... I would consider getting the LED over the LCD version for any game if you can live without the hires modes. And it's VERY nice having the same form factor as the original plasmas.

goodmanners

Jun 17, 2014
Mississauga
Not to derail the colordmd love... but the majority of the games have a vanilla dump of the original audio so you can keep it pure but you won't see any sound improvement (garbage in, garbage out).

If it does not have an original dump.... well, you can tinker and do your own (there is a way with Pinsound).... :)

And yes, its great if you love to tinker and know the basics of editing a WAV file.

Yeah - Just put the "See you tomorrow Indiana Jones" back into the file.

I love that you can change the sounds.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I have a couple of the LCD ColorDMDs and I picked up the LED version for CV and wow I'm very impressed... much brighter colours and better looking from peripheral angles... I would consider getting the LED over the LCD version for any game if you can live without the hires modes. And it's VERY nice having the same form factor as the original plasmas.

Got a chance to see this in person the other night, and it's definitely impressive. VERY bright too. It does seem like the hires modes might be better for games that have lots of live action clips (SM etc), since it looked really muddy in the ACDC match sequence with the LED display, but then again, that animation looks pretty bad no matter what.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Got a chance to see this in person the other night, and it's definitely impressive. VERY bright too. It does seem like the hires modes might be better for games that have lots of live action clips (SM etc), since it looked really muddy in the ACDC match sequence with the LED display, but then again, that animation looks pretty bad no matter what.
I agree with this, as I saw the same machines. The one thing I was little upset about was how bright the LED screen was. On cirqus Voltaire it was fantastic, but not having LED lighting throughout the game made the display almost too bright. It seems a little out of place if you don't go full blown led playfield.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I thought the same thing about the brightness of the LED DMD @ Expo, it's just way too bright period. The guys @ ColorDMD should have installed a trim-pot to be able to adjust the brightness like you can on some of the other LED display products (think Pinscore). A filter in front of the LED DMD might also do the trick.

D