• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ColorDMD LCD Displays Back In Stock

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
LCD DISPLAYS ARE BACK IN STOCK!
Our January production run is completing now. We have displays available for immediate shipping and more displays are expected to arrive next week! Ordering is now open through our website all LCD displays!

LED PRODUCTION UPDATE

LED displays are now out of stock. Manufacturing of controller boards, brackets, and cables for new displays is complete. However, assembly is on hold while we await completion and delivery of new LED modules. Our current estimate is late February.

Thank you for your continued support! For additional information, including upcoming game previews, please visit us at www.colordmd.com!

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Wish they would colorize TWD and GB- I would even add color to GoT...
Love these color displays, shame they are so pricey in $CDN.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
I can never quite tease out of their site the difference between LCD and LED in this purpose . (And why you would choose one over the other.) Maybe I'm missing something in their FAQ.

Can someone with experience explain it for us "inquiring minds." :)

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, I was wondering the same myself. Is it the LCD which has the better upscaling and brighter display of the two?
I have 3 of the color LCD displays; and love them, I just don't know what the advantage of the LED would be?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Yeah, I was wondering the same myself. Is it the LCD which has the better upscaling and brighter display of the two?
I have 3 of the color LCD displays; and love them, I just don't know what the advantage of the LED would be?
Led is brighter (too bright in my opinion)

Biggest benefit is it's the same size as a standard DMD and fits in many places the LCD does not. Such as cirqus Voltaire, and other non standard applications

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Thanks Meegis.
I think I may buy & install a color LED in my sample IJ as I've been told it will fit above the Jackpot lighting board.

theyangman

Feb 18, 2016
London, On
From what I gather:

LED is only that led. But they are brighter. And as some say too bright.

LCD is slightly more dull but has different modes where you can make the "dots" different sizes.

When in doubt go LCD. It's what they originally made and for the 30 dollar difference I can't see myself picking up an LED model.

Sent from my Pixel XXXL

theyangman

Feb 18, 2016
London, On
Wish they would colorize TWD and GB- I would even add color to GoT...
Love these color displays, shame they are so pricey in $CDN.
Took a look today and even having it shipped to my American address (I have a ups box across the border) it still is 560 Canadian.... Fuhhhhh.... So brutal.

Sent from my Pixel XXXL

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I've got two games that support Color DMD (Creech and TAF), but have not taken the plunge yet. (I'm not actually impressed with TAF's colour...Creech I'd like to do at some point).

When they do the dots for WWF Royal Rumble, I'll buy my first kit, without question.

Adam

Nov 5, 2015
waterloo, on
Not cheap but I'm considering it for my TAF. It's a game I'm planning on keeping so I don't really. Mind spending a bit on it. Only thing I can't decide on is LED VS LCD. I like that I can keep the stock thing lights with the LED but I like the upscaling options with the LCD.... Haha.. First world problems

IVPinball

Jul 22, 2013
Toronto
Not cheap but I'm considering it for my TAF. It's a game I'm planning on keeping so I don't really. Mind spending a bit on it. Only thing I can't decide on is LED VS LCD. I like that I can keep the stock thing lights with the LED but I like the upscaling options with the LCD.... Haha.. First world problems
You should just sell it to me :p

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Replacement LED Thing light board that can clear a ColorDMD lcd screen.
image_7ec5a4fd-de5c-4d2f-8b07-d3d425e2b9d3_1024x1024.jpg

https://mezelmods.com/products/addams-family-thing-light-board?variant=4621148164

Reactions: IVPinball