• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Dam you GTA V

Pharoah007

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa
STOOOPID wife....told me not to buy it as my birthday is next month.

I bet it is in the house already...once she goes to work...........I am going to breach, clear and search her office ;)

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I'm still trying to hold out for the inevitable next gen version. Glad to hear that the game turned out to be good though! After GTA4 I was a little worried.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
GTA4 is "ok"

I't snot as fun as some of the earlier games but still not completely terrible.

But you don't need to play IV to play V.

I'd skip IV and go right to V, V has been allot of fun thus far, I love Trevor as a character and am having fun just playing around again.

Although I do miss spray shops, I hate always having to "lose" the cops

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
I just picked up Last of Us.

Last of us was extremely disappointing IMO, not just the end, but the entire game .

I don't understand all the critical acclaim the game gets it's generic at best, and boring at worst.

It and the Uncharted series, fine enough to play through, but nothing I would ever say is "The Greatest Game EVAR"

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
The same could be said about the GTA series.. I've never understood the allure. I usually just end up getting bored, spawning a tank and destroying everything in my path. *shrugs*

To each their own.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
The same could be said about the GTA series.. I've never understood the allure. I usually just end up getting bored, spawning a tank and destroying everything in my path. *shrugs*

To each their own.

Yea but there is the difference, you are afforded that flexibility in GTA, you can spawn a tank, go on a rampage and have fun doing it.

Last of Us, I'm basically on a linear path, being force fed one of the most cliche and overused story lines possible, and all the while playing an overly mediocre game that isn't really that fun to play.

Not to take into account the fact that your companion is largely useless and serves as more a prop to move the story line forward that an actual part of gameplay.

I'm not saying that it's a bad game, there are far worse and it kept me interested enough to get me to the end, but no way does it deserve the critical acclaim and "10's across the board that every reviewer gave it.

I've posted videos from this reviewer before and feel he sums up all my same points much better :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... Last-of-Us

I think that's my personal preference, I prefer open world games, ones where I feel like I can do what I want, when I want and to story is something I choose to play when I feel like going back to it.

GTA V is fun, it's not Saints Row, bat shit crazy fun, but Fun for different reasons. The use of 3 main characters all who you get to play is uniquely different, also helped by the fact that there should be at least someone for everyone.

I'm not a fan of Franklin, Michael I'm on the Fence about, but Trevor is fucking hilarious. A straight up psychopath and proud of it and his interactions with everyone are not only meaningful but also hilarious. It's a great example of what you can do when you characterize more then one playable character and let you play all of them.

yellowmustard

Nov 17, 2012
i like this version!!!

523490_1415897831961723_1160454338_n.jpg

JeffM

Nov 27, 2012
London
Been wondering what i was going to spend my $60 in best buy bucks on b4 they expire. Is everyone saying gta V is a good buy?