• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Data East - rocky and bullwinkle trouble shooting

Jerry_No_Shirt

Oct 16, 2014
Hanover , ON
I'm looking for a capable Pin mechanic for testing/ troubleshooting transistors and diodes . Ball kicker continuously sets a new ball into play to be launched . This problem is beyond my capacity , could use some help and willing to pay well for it . Suggestions , thoughts , or ideas would be greatly appreciated .

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Are you capable of doing any troubleshooting on your own? If I were facing that problem the first thing I would do is check the switches in the service menu to ensure all of them are working properly. I would check the ball trough switches, the shooter lane switch, and any other switches you see between the ball trough and the shooter lane.

PS welcome to the site :)

Jerry_No_Shirt

Oct 16, 2014
Hanover , ON
Thanks! Good to be a part of the revolution . Lol. Thank you for the ideas / suggestions , from what I understand a lot of the switches had been checked- not by me personally , but definitely will go over them once more when the pin is back home in a week. The suggested problem of the transistors/diodes was the previous owners diagnoses - who happens to be a long time family friend , so I'm sure was being straight with me in his findings . This is the first machine I've owned and initially did not have this problem but it had gotten progressively worse over a 4 month period to the point where it needs to be dealt with now. Don't want to sabotage the unit either , so really trying to be safe about it .

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I highly doubt this is a transistor issue, but could be a bad diode on a switch. By the sounds of it though it could just be a bad switch altogether. Brad is right on the money suggesting putting the game into switch edge test and going over all the switches in the game. (specifically look for those that either do not register or ones that might register more than one switch closure)

D

Jerry_No_Shirt

Oct 16, 2014
Hanover , ON
Right on!!! Thanks a lot guys. I'll do the switch testing and go from there , hopefully get it ready in time before the snow flies . Appreciate the help , I'll keep you posted on my findings.