• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Do you have a dream custom pin?

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I saw a couple of custom pins last week based on EM machines which got me thinking ( a dangerous thing). What would my dream custom pin be? I'm a huge music fan, I've seen the Cowboy Junkies nearly 100 times live (that's what the CJ is for) but I can't picture them on a pinball machine.

I can picture a custom Boston machine with the backglass and general focus on their first album.

51wSXLMNFyL.jpg

Do you have a dream custom pin? What is it?

Reactions: WARLOCK

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
This topic is near and dear to my heart since I am just about to embark on such a project.
I won't post the theme publicly just yet, but I've already told a few people and it should be a lot of fun.

Music themes always scare me because I'm not sure there's any one artist I'd want to hear over and over again while playing pinball. That being said, I think there are some fun bands out there with enough character to pull it off.
The Beastie Boys, for example, would be way cool! Beatles of course.... tons of material. How about Spinal Tap? :D

Reactions: WARLOCK and CJBob

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
All stern needs to do is retheme tspp into the new south park seasons and they can take my money. Add a proper red 2x scoring insert for the bumpers instead of the inconsistent setup it is now and a yellow arrow for the couch (which could possibly be a spaceship) instead of using the jackpot indicator or no indicator at all and it's now the perfect pinball machine.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I'll keep things realistic here. (As much as I'd kill for a Frank Zappa-themed machine I know it will never happen.) Thus, a couple of more do-able choices for me would be: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, a "classic" WWF machine featuring wrestlers from the 80s and early 90s, or a sequel to Funhouse.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Right now I'm toying with the idea to re theme my Mystic into a Legend of Zelda game. I want to base it on the first game for NES. I have an idea how I want the rules to play out and how I want to have the playfield graphics.

.....more to come once I have things together a bit more.

Reactions: bstock

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
This topic is near and dear to my heart since I am just about to embark on such a project.
I won't post the theme publicly just yet, but I've already told a few people and it should be a lot of fun.

Music themes always scare me because I'm not sure there's any one artist I'd want to hear over and over again while playing pinball. That being said, I think there are some fun bands out there with enough character to pull it off.
The Beastie Boys, for example, would be way cool! Beatles of course.... tons of material. How about Spinal Tap? :D

This is a good point. Repetition can make a game tiresome pretty fast. Look at CFTBL!

Having said that, GNR seems to pull it off. Makes an average game more fun. There is an also added difficulty of marrying the music to the action to make it as seamless as possible.