• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Driving mame

JeffM

Nov 27, 2012
London
Just wondering if anyone knows how to connect steering wheel and pedals from original cab to the pc? Im confused with the different options availible. Also want to use the original monitor as it seems to work fine, do i need soft15k?

Also the cab is a crazy taxi
Wheel is a 270 degree
Not sure about the pedals

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
JeffM said:
Just wondering if anyone knows how to connect steering wheel and pedals from original cab to the pc? Im confused with the different options availible. Also want to use the original monitor as it seems to work fine, do i need soft15k?

Also the cab is a crazy taxi
Wheel is a 270 degree
Not sure about the pedals

I used a logitec pc wheel pcb and connected arcade wheel and pedals by changing the potentiometers to the correct value of the pc wheel.

Basically the pcb expects to see 50k pots (as an example) for the pedals but the arcade pedals are 5k potentiometers (again ymmv) then you would need to change the potentiometers on the arcade pedals to match what the pcb is looking for. Same with the wheel.

There are pcbs made specifically for this by ultimarc I believe where you don't have to change potentiometers but you can find pc wheels at the thrift store and potentiometers are like a buck a piece.
Sent from my Nexus 4

Francis

Nov 14, 2012
I have connected My Super Sprint to a computer using
Apac for the pedal : AKA potentiometed
and optipac for the wheel since they are set up like a mouse.
And its working perfectly well.

If your wheel is with potentiometer, use APAC
If they are like a mouse, use OPtipac.
Also the APAC correct the weird movement of the potentiometer, example, on my joystic before using an APAC, when I was moving the joystick to the left, it was going for a fraction of sec, to the right then to the left. the Apac correct this

Francis

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I have always wanted a Super Sprint and they haven't been able to find any decent ones. I was debating building my own and playing via MAME. Your setup sounds very Interesting Francis, mind posting some pics?

JeffM

Nov 27, 2012
London
Francis said:
If your wheel is with potentiometer, use APAC
If they are like a mouse, use OPtipac.
Also the APAC correct the weird movement of the potentiometer, example, on my joystic before using an APAC, when I was moving the joystick to the left, it was going for a fraction of sec, to the right then to the left. the Apac correct this

Francis

Whats the difference? I think i know but just wanna be 100% before i order stuff

A wheel that only spins 3/4 either way would be potentiometer right?

JeffM

Nov 27, 2012
London
Ok sweet. Yes it is original. Motherboard is shot and cart is missing so i dont see the point in dumping $$$ into those two things only to see if theres more issues or not

Thanks guys. Ordering apac tonight :)

JeffM

Nov 27, 2012
London
Update

Got the pedals, wheel and buttons hooked up and working
Monitor hooks up no adapters with 640 x 480

Pretty pumped now gotta get some new hardware to dedicate to the cabinet

Anyone know a good place to buy pc parts?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
If anyone is interested in building a stand up driver my friend is giving this cab away for free but if nobody claims it to the curb it goes. Here is a picture of what it looks like and not the actual cabinet which will probably need some TLC to make it nice for somebody's man cave or game room.

1181242070195.jpg

http://cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25656