• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD EIGHT BALL DELUXE in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
** GAME IS SOLD **

Hey guys,
This is my first official FS post on prev. Most of you familiar with me know that I never sell anything :)
However, I've got myself in the unusual situation of owning two of the same title.

So, submitted for your approval, my 1984 EBD.
I've had the game just two weeks but it is in great playing condition. It was in a home environment for the last several years

It has an original playfield with full factory mylar so there is zero wear in the commonly damaged areas of the playfield.
There is some tiny wear at the base of the 2x and 3x mutliplier drop targets and a couple of other small blemishes. Overall, I would say the playfield is a solid 9+ and a great candidate for clearcoat... or just polish up the mylar and leave as-is.

I've dialed the game in perfectly and it's playing smooth and fast. The pops and slings are super lively. Flippers are strong.

The cabinet has a few dings but very good for it's age.
Coin door looks great. Backglass is pretty much mint. Boards are clean and not hacked. Plastics are either new repros or very nice originals. Hard to tell.
Oh yes, it seems to have an aftermarket real 8-Ball shooter.

The two main issues are a couple of dents on the siderails and the head cabinet lock has been drilled out. I'll attempt to find and install one for the new owner.
The game could use a light shop, but otherwise perfect.

This is one of THE classic early solid state pin to own and the most popular game produced up until TAF. Great strategy, rules and just a punishing pin! A true player's game.
"Quit Talking and Start Chalkin'" ;)

Asking $1950.
The pin is at my shop near Dixie & Dundas.
I can arrange times to see it after hours, so serious inquiries only please.

Thanks,
Adriano

OTTOgd

Nov 15, 2012
Re: FS - EIGHT BALL DELUXE in Toronto

DRANO said:
The cab's side-art is really faded and the coin door side-art is completely painted over black. :?

Weird coin door sticker too.
DRANO said:
"Stop Talking and Start Chalkin'" ;)
"Quit talkin;' and start chalkin'.

Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard says that, not EBD.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Drano's quality of pinball machines in his collection is far above and beyond what most collectors would expect.
If I had the room for this machine, I would have happily purchased this pinball. It is a very nice example.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

OTTOgd said:
The cab's side-art is really faded and the coin door side-art is completely painted over black. :?

The coin door art is as it should be for the third iteration of the game

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5021&picno=19039

And the side are could very well be a result of the flash but I'll let Drano chime in on that one.

Welcome to PBRev, Kevin. ;)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

OTTOgd said:
DRANO said:

Weird coin door sticker too.
DRANO said:
"Stop Talking and Start Chalkin'" ;)
"Quit talkin;' and start chalkin'.

Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard says that, not EBD.

There is definitely some fade in the yellows which is very common on this title given the age. Not sure if the photos are exaggerating this, but its there. Otherwise a very clean cabinet.

As Brock pointed out, the 1984 release had no front cab art. This is absolutely correct for this version.

As for the quote, thanks for pointing that out. Correction made.
For any of those keeping score EBD "Quit Talkin..." CBW "Stop Talkin..."
Disaster averted :D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

DRANO said:
However, I've got myself in the unusual situation of owning two of the same title.

That's what happens when you are friends with me, I spend your money while you sleep and make you buy stuff you do not necessarily have the room for :lol: I have not seen this machine in person yet but I am sure it is a nice example or prime candidate for restoration by Adriano to the 9's or 10's otherwise he would have not bought it.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

My plan was to strip the Mylar off and clearcoat for sure. It's a rare original playfield with practically no wear.
I was okay with the cab, but if you're looking for a collector quality EBD it's not coming at under $2K.
This game plays great and is all there. That's all I cared about. Had I not scored an earlier 1981 through Mike, this one would remain in my permanent collection.

If the next owner wants to go to the trouble of stripping the playfield and removing the Mylar and glue... I'll offer them a special rate and happily do the clearcoat.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon

Wow, saved his second posting for a criticism of someone's "for sale" pin. Talk about Eight Ballsy Deluxe..."Quit talkin' and start Mockin" ...someone else's classified thread, that is.

The side art on this game is almost always a little more faded than the painted 1981 version. Obviously a classic Bally pin and priced right. Have had a couple of these in the past and will probably own another some day.

Good luck with the sale. :mrgreen:

OTTOgd

Nov 15, 2012

REVOLUTION said:
The coin door art is as it should be for the third iteration of the game
I stand corrected. :oops:

... and I apologize for chiming in on Drano's FS thread. Not cool and I know better. Lame excuse but alcohol was a factor at the time and obviously not thinking correctly. I didn't even remember writing that post until I was alerted to it this morning. :oops:

Sorry guys, won't happen again.

Good luck with the sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.