• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

First Jaws Pro in Canada???

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
New guy has issues
New guy just isn't aware of distribs and borders etc.
Pretty keen to understand that a distrib shouldn't be sending a game cross-border -but also unaware that lots of people order a game to a US address and then run across to bring it back themselves.
No biggie in my opinion.

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Pinball Map shows one in Regina SK... Guess that's the one he's talking about. Or... maybe there are TWO!?

Still not sure why we'd care though. Maybe dp1622 works for Player1 and wants us to all get outraged on their behalf?

Reactions: Pinpickle

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Pinball Map shows one in Regina SK... Guess that's the one he's talking about. Or... maybe there are TWO!?

Still not sure why we'd care though. Maybe dp1622 works for Player1 and wants us to all get outraged on their behalf?
Probably someone that is planning to buy one and have already added it to their profile but they don't actually have it yet. Like me and my PF LE :)

dp1622

Jan 15, 2024
Burlington
Joined this group to have civil discussions and give my 2 cents worth, not to be accused of being a mole. Ridiculous comments. I can see why these forums get such a bad rap.

• Haha
Reactions: Hammerbrother

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Joined this group to have civil discussions and give my 2 cents worth, not to be accused of being a mole. Ridiculous comments. I can see why these forums get such a bad rap.
To be fair you started pretty strong and saying distributor was shady and very defensive.

Starting with questions like How would this be possible or has this situation ever happened before.... Instead of being defensive and using strong terms might have steered this thread in another way.

This forum has been pretty friendly and useful since I joined, but like any public forum sometimes things can get heated, it's all good, pretty sure this happens on most forums online.

Any ways, welcome to the forum, hope you have fun play pinball. Do you have any at home or are you a location player?

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
This is a great site , with lots of great people. I don’t understand why you were so upset about thsi in the first place. Anyway enjoy the forum, like I said there are a lot of great people here and all are very knowledgeable.

Reactions: Fifty and kool1

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Regina!!! Hmmm, lets see, what is the temperature in Regina today...-16. Ok that sucks. Well, nice find Kool1! Lets keep our radar up for one in the GTA...or Burlington, even closer!

No worries, dp1622...lets face it...you were a little over zealous. The good news is, most of us here are good guys and I wager a 1/3 to 1/2 indulge in cannabis, so this thread will be long forgotten. Wait!!! ...what the f' am I typing about? ;)

System6

Apr 21, 2023
Brampton
I’m pro competition as that’s what’s best for the consumer and the free market. Stern dictating who can sell what to who is best for them

FlipperFreak

Jan 12, 2024
Vancouver
It was posted by a Stern distributor so I'm assuming they sold it to the location. They have a warehouse in the US so it looks like they brought it into Canada. In my books that is shady AF and not the kind of business I want to deal with.
Stern shipped this pin direct to the customer for a video shoot. Nothing “shady” about any of this except you jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

Reactions: Hammerbrother