• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Fixed: Nascar pit row issue

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
My 2 pit row coils 27/28 seem to be acting up.
During gameplay they will power up when the ball is not in pit row. They also power up and prevent ball lock.
I cleaned the pit row opto (upper and lower) by the 2 coils.
I don't think it would be the top of the left ramp area but that seems to be the next most likely area to start cleaning/adjusting.
Just looking for some input to see if I can't get this fixed without having my tech come out.
Took off the assembly and cleaned the coil sleeves (not dirty but it was torn apart) cleanened the optos yesterday (took them off and put back on) cleaned the connection pins.
Waiting to be 100% sure all the isopropyl is dry before firing it back up.
Coils didn't fire for the coil test. But sure were firing during my test game when they were coming on for no reason earlier before the cleaning.

Last edited:

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Played 2 test games to multiball and it held up fine. I do hear the coil firing sometimes. Gotta keep an eye the next few games.
Still working good. Will keep an eye on it for a while. Nascar is not getting the play as when it was the newest...

Last edited: