• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Fixing up my Skateball

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
I mentioned in my Meteor thread I was working on a Skateball next.

I have the playfield mostly stripped and I'm currently repainting and touching up. Here are a few before and after pictures of where I am now.

Upper section was missing a bit chunk o' paint.

Up-before.jpg

I've got the basic design down. Needs a bit more fiddling to get it smooth - but I'm getting there.

Up after.jpg

The middle section had the regular paint wear over skate dudes right arm. Also, skate girl somehow lost her shoe.

Mid-before.jpg

I tried hand painting halftone above the guys arm. Looks ok from a distance. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or do something else. Skate girl and I went shoe shopping and found a nice new pair of Nike. I didn't realize until I started painting - they are both wearing Nike shoes.
Mid-after.jpg

I've got a bit more to go, but it's getting there.

Reactions: WARLOCK

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Looking good and always wanted to play this game but I don't know anyone local that has one. Keep up the good work with all your game restorations.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
This is the one area of repair that I know is out of my skill set, and I'm always amazed when people can do this sort of work. Once you clear this, do you think the colors will shift at all?

D

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
I don't think it will shift much.

I had to lay the clear thick with Meteor because of the planking. The noticeable area was the black. It got a touch hazy. The reds and oranges and other colours look perfectly fine.

With this machine I'm not going to need nearly as much clear and it mostly light colours.