• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Floor Protection

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I'm replacing some really old carpet in my basement, what are people using to protect their floors from pinball machines? I'm deciding between vinyl and carpet for the games/tv room.

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
I would also recommend going to your local Dollar Store and buying a set of furniture moving slides. These are basically a flat plastic 4" round dish with a foam pad on their top side to help keep it in place under the legs. This work awesome for sliding you Pinball over carpet, hardwood or concrete without marking your floor. Don't use the same set for hardwood as you have used for concrete floors as the concrete does rough up their surfaces.

Reactions: GhostedPINBALL

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I use recessed centre dolly a triangle of wheels with a cup in the center.
Carpet = threat of static charge.
Vinyl is colder, will let your guests know it's time to go. Cleans up spills easier. Items that fall on the floor are easily spotted.
Just my 2 cents

Reactions: GhostedPINBALL

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I've just got my games straight on the carpet. No need to have extra coasters on them. Yeah, they'll leave dents, but anything heavy will, and it means that if I move something, I know exactly where it goes back to be level again :)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I went with vinyl plank in my basement for my gameroom. It's very durable and don't have to worry over spills and swelling like you would with laminate. In regards to leg levelers you could these with nylon built in so should slide easily.

I have something similar to this but no longer available from Marco but they were called EZ glide leg levelers. They slide so easy that I recently bought the rubber feet or cups shown above from Eddie's pinballleds.ca I put on the front feet of all my games so they don't slide around when people nudge but if I need to slide my games out I just lift and the back legs are the nylon ones.

Attachments

• IMG-20211227-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20211227-WA0018.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 5

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. We're doing a few things to the basement so still just in the planning stages, the contractor we've used and trusted is lined up for spring/summer depending on his schedule which has been thrown off a lot this year due to supply chain issues.