• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP GnR - Beta Code Update

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
For all of you that own a GnR (or know someone)... they released a new beta update that completely changes the scoring on the game. It makes the game SOOO much better. Every song has a great song jackpot now. It's gone from a machine I figured I'd trade for another soon to an extremely fun machine. The biggest thing that held the game back was the scoring imo. It's a big work in progress too, this was just the first update.

To install it, Settings -> Network Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Updates. You can opt into the Beta there. Then go back to the regular place to update the game and snag Beta40

Reactions: dos.reboot and luch

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I've always liked that pin but code kind of always kept me from buying one.

And now this

Last edited:

lemmings418

Jun 27, 2021
Hamilton
I've always liked that pin but code kind of always kept me from buying one.

And now this

Plus with the flipper power improvements via mods or new IO board, the game is becoming what all hoped it would be.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Nice to see a code update from them-it seems like they've been kind of few and far between for a while. I still feel kind of bad for POTC owners never getting that game finished.
Long overdue. Not finishing code or leaving it in a poor state is not good business. Hopefully it akes GNR the game it should be.

Jaywaggs

Apr 8, 2024
Sarnia
Seems like beta 44 toned down the song scoring from the levels of the previous few. Haven't had a chance to play with the tweaks to Slash solo in the handful of games I've played since updating to that, but looks like 2500 spins instead of 2000 to get there.