• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Good Carnauba Wax?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I like Chemical Guys XXX Hard Core paste wax.
You can get it online (Canadian source I think).

Its long lasting and better than most stuff you can get at CT.
For my EMs though, lately ive been using a couple of layers of XXX and then finishing with a softer "show wax" like mother's carnauba.

Collinite Fleet Wax is also a good durable choice.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
DRANO said:
Collinite Fleet Wax is also a good durable choice.

That is what I use on my games and it's great

885-site2012.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I think all waxes are excellent... on day one.
The true test of a good wax is how long it holds up, so I prefer the heavy duty types mentioned above because they offer true long-lasting protection, not just a shiny surface.

eshine is also where I ordered my XXX.
They also make a sealer that is great as an undercoat or as a first treatment on newly clearcoated playfields.

EJB

Nov 17, 2012
Hey Brock that is the wax I gave to Mike. I just googled it and ordered it online....I can't remember where from exactly but I'm pretty sure it was a Canadian source. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :)

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I'll be honest, I don't know too much about wax. Haven't ever been one to clean and wax my car to a shine. I had seen the XXX recommended in another thread and figured I'd give it a try. It wasn't overly expensive either.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
So I've never actually waxed my games-usually I'll clean with novus1 (2 if it needs it) to get things like ball trails clean, and I can usually get at just about everything that really needs it without taking much off the playfield. What about waxing though-if I wanted to wax a DMD game, is it worth tearing everything off the top of the PF? Do you guys typically just wax the higher traffic areas, and just avoid getting too close to things like star posts or rubbers?

Grabbed some of the Blitz wax in my last pinball life order, so I thought I'd give it a shot.