• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Good or bad experience?

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
hey
By looking on Pinballowner sales list, I see there's a lot of good title in europe.
Has anyone ever bought from Itlay/germany,. etc...?

Is it like CRAZY expensive in terms of shipping, insurance, etc...
I really don't think I'll do it (there's still good games in USA/CDA) but was wondering...
thanks!

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
be prepared to get a work in progress with lots of repair work , and after repairs not that much cheaper then buying local where you can play and touch

Last edited:

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
There have been bulk container pin purchases from Italy in the past (with mixed reviews).

With the loonie tanking, probably not gonna happen again in the near future

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The prices on the past few containers were not that great to be honest if you factor in things like taxes, exchange, transportation costs to get it from QC to the GTA and then god knows what else it needs it really isn't worth it. I heard of people buying games like Doctor Who for $1700 or Roadshow for $2200 before extra expenses were even taken into consideration. Not worth it when for not much more you could be patient to wait for a local example to pop up.

Even buying sight unseen from within local provinces is risky too because everyone's definition of "mint" or "good" varies so much. I'd advise it is worth to pay a little bit extra and make the drive if possible to see it before you commit. If you have no choice and can't go see the game yourself do some home work and get some references. The community is small and tight enough that I have seen other collectors go out of their way to go check a game out for someone else and sometimes even help out with prepping for transport.

Then there is also the risk already mentioned by Vengeance that you could risk losing money and have no pin to show for it. There are escrow services but there is a fee associated with that.

newguy

Nov 14, 2012
Barrie ON
I bought 3 machines from someone in France through pinballowners and it was not a great experience. Shipping is difficult to arrange, and unless you see the machines its a big risk. I would consider it again if I was there to see the machines.

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
:itd 3d ani w120 smiles 004:
Priest....you may be the Canadian Archbishop! Please make a separate thread with some pics of your lineup and room + it's other goodies. And to think you have so much skiing 5 mins from your door too.

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
Hahaha. Not sure if I'm in with the title (Since I've already drank 4 beers and might have sexy time tonight) but it is always sweet to get positive feedback from a fellow pinballer;)
I'll light a candle for you eh97ac

I'm a newbie on pinballrevolution. How do you see my gameroom? You crazy stalkers go on pinside with my nick? Please let the lord knows. He might share with me...;)

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Google is your friend or not. When eh97ac mentioned a wood cathedral games room I figure I check it out. Also never heard of North Hatley. Just googled "North Hatley pinball" and it comes up in the images. I believe it was from pinside. By the way North Hatley looks absolutely gorgeous. Must be a nice place to live.

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
North hatley....how to begin...
it's where the USA border sounds english but tastes french toasts...
Where you can find an old folk asking for something and answered by "merci beaucoup jeune homme!"

North hatley is where you can ask a hod dog AND get a poutine (instead of a dead fried fries)

Imagine the Hamptons, our gloriest canadian mountains with a touch of oui oui oui!

my pins are dreaming 100 feets of the massawippi lake. a view on the beach. I hate theme. Duh!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
What game is gift wrapped in pic #12?

I would send Williampinball a PM and see if he is ready to part with his really nice TOM I found for him a few years ago.