• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Hammer of the Gods (CPR conversion)

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
Wow, that artwork is... something.

Very reminiscent of "SEGA" era games. Very flat and lifeless, and mostly Photoshop clip art. Totally out of place on a Bally-era game as well.

tommyv

Nov 16, 2012
Scarborough
Although they reference the recent IP issues, I'd be interested in what Percy and Pagey have to say about this.

Unless my view is obscured, Bonzo is nowhere to be seen.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Not my cup of tea but I can understand why they have some limits with their creativity....

From the website:

DO YOU HAVE A LICENSE ?

No. This is not a Led Zeppelin pin. Please see Stu's documentation above. 95% of the artwork for this project is by Stu's own hand & mouse. However, unavoidably, we did have to buy publishing rights (and paid dearly) for pieces of band photography from a commercial stock photo agency. Furthermore, we will not be allowed to have the sound card pre-loaded with anything except our our own custom sound pack (recorded in a Halifax home studio). The sound card WILL be easily re-loadable, so the likely after-market creation of hobbyist-traded sound packs will undoubtedly be the norm. Sorry, we can't provide any Led Zeppelin music or sounds. With recent events in the hobby related to unlicensed projects crashing and losing investors a ton of money, we wanted to be up front about the boundaries & logistics of this very unique project.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Bonzo is on the upper playfield.

hammer05.jpg

tommyv

Nov 16, 2012
Scarborough
I saw that, and the lack of music I understand. Including music would be sure death; LZ has been hesitant to license music for anything. One commercial and a few movies..

P&P may still have something to say about the images. Their power has diminished since the days of Peter Grant and, more recently, Ahmet Ertegun. Hoping that the photo service has an iron clad right for licensing. If so, put the Stern fanboy Zep pin fantasy to rest.

They just may send Richard Cole after them...