• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Has anyone imported pins from Europe? Tax / duty?

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has every imported a game from Europe and if so, what kind of fees do you get hit with? I'm assuming you'd get dinged for HST similar to importing from the USA, but are there any other fees when bringing games from Europe?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've got a bunch of games from a few Italian container deals but all of the shipping and taxes were arranged and looked after by the organizer.... who is also on this forum.

As for my own experience, I've shipped a Quicksilver from Serbia and a Stargazer from France. Both machines had to be picked up at the infield terminal at Pearson. I had to present paperwork from the shipper as well as my own receipts to the local CBSA office and paid taxes just as if I'd driven the machine across the border. Then the cleared papers were taken back to the shipper's warehouse and the machines were released to me.

Fairly straightforward. The hardest part was finding a shipping company and the language barriers.

Reactions: EvanDickson

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
Thanks Drano. I figured it would be just HST, but wasn't sure if we have different trade deals with Europe than we do with the USA.

I ultimately scrapped the idea anyways because after shipping and exchange and HST, it's not a great deal and I'm better off being patient and looking locally.