• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

here comes the bride...

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
alright, another one up at bat here, wasn't planning on doing any more sys11 (ish) games but bride is very special and has so much character how can you say no (plus my kids were crying when they found out I was thinking of selling it rather than fixing it up) besides its only money right? So if you want to see what a a 5-6k BOP looks like stay tuned LOL!

Starting out she was pretty ugly, played great though, but the cab was very rough and the head was faded; and the playfield since these had no clear there was lots of yellowing around the mylar areas lots of planking and wear on insert edges, most of the plastics and ramps were broken etc. but with a little work...

b2.jpg
b3.jpg

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
As with before, I'm actually close to finishing this one it just needs re-assembly. I made a few changes to colours that I though would suit the game better, the playfield stuff I'll leave for a surprise but for now heres a pic of the cab, just finished cleaning it up and re-decaling. As you can see I went black and stanless/chrome. Looks MUCH better than purple IMO. Stay tuned over the next few weeks for more!

b1.jpg

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I always liked BOP. It was years before I realised the two red flashers were meant to be nipples on her boobs. Years before I even noticed the boobs. Just a fun playing game.

I have to disagree with you on the black. I always liked the purple. The black looks great, but purple will always be my preference.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I always liked BOP. It was years before I realised the two red flashers were meant to be nipples on her boobs. Years before I even noticed the boobs. Just a fun playing game.

I have to disagree with you on the black. I always liked the purple. The black looks great, but purple will always be my preference.
Agree. Lots of black machines already. Purple is different..unique. Sets it apart. The black doesn't look awful, but it's no purple!!

Reactions: dnewman

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
True, I just always though it was a mishmash of colours and didnt look tidy, so figured Id change it up!

Its funny about the nipple thing, if you think about it, remember how controversial mortal kombat was when it came out? this was around the same time and I never heard any complaining about how suggestive it is.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I think the black looks great and you on the Dutch Pinball waiting list for a BOP 2.0 kit?

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
I like the Bride as she is too... I was able to try a game on a 2.0 at Allentown, and I have to give credit to DP, as it is a very cool mod and add to the ruleset. I'd love to try one again sometime.

That said, to me, it had none of the charm of the original.

Reactions: DRANO

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I think that, if I had a BoP, I'd keep it original as well.
not to diminish what DP did with 2.0, but I like the character of the original.

Reactions: dnewman

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Just so you guys know you can select if you want original BOP rule set or BOP 2.0 at the start of each game or there is an easy way to switch back and forth.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Just so you guys know you can select if you want original BOP rule set or BOP 2.0 at the start of each game or there is an easy way to switch back and forth.
Yep. I'd totally buy the BOP 2.0 if I had a BOP. I'm limited to only 2 pins so having a switchable BOP/BOP2.0 would be like having a 3rd pin!

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Alright,well its been a while but shes finally (mostly) done! Shes playing great :)

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

Reactions: Menace and eh97ac