• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

How to convert free pay to coin operated?

Joolz

Dec 11, 2015
Calgary
Now that I got my 1982 Zaccaria Soccer Kings working thanks to the help I got from the members here, I have a mod I'd like to do asap: converting the free pay to requiring you to feed a quarter for a credit. Machine has two slots for quarters but is currently set for free play. Think it would add greatly to realism if able to use quarters, especially as I want to teach my boys about money and how it doesn't grow on trees. Forcing them to use money in this manner could be an invaluable lesson.

Currently as I add a quarter to either of the two slots it falls into the return money slot, and not into the safe box inside the machine. Upon observing the route the quarter takes once inserted, it would seem that the copper wire is what's redirecting it towards the front of the unit and into the money return slot. If this assumption is correct does anyone know the way to modify this so that the quarter not only falls inside the machine but that it becomes a necessity in order to obtain a credit? Please let me know if more pics are needed and I'll gladly take some more. Manual doesn't tackle this, except to say that Zaccaria machines don't allow for free play.

Attachments

• coin-slot.jpg
    coin-slot.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
Try 0.10, wasn't that the original price? You can also try American quarters or maybe the coin mech is for tokens only

Joolz

Dec 11, 2015
Calgary
Not really sure what I did but after trying a few dimes and nickels and touching said wire, it now accepts quarters (landing at the money tray) and gives credits just fine. Better still, this is now the only way to obtain credit. Just what I wanted. Thanks for the idea.

As seen in the pic, machine was setup to accept quarters and it looks like at one point it belonged to some business in BC as there are writings on it saying Kokanie Coin Machine Corp. So I suppose it's a safe bet to assume this machine was setup to accept Can quarters.
Problem solved, thanks for the help.

Attachments

• table-coin-slots.jpg
    table-coin-slots.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5