• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

HULK is in the house!

mrxsiv

Nov 20, 2012
Maple, Ontario
www.sksfinancial.com
I had to add invisiglass as it is way too bright!
Thanks to Brock for getting this for me and helping me set up.
I took some of the pictures with the Invisiglass on just to show how good it is.
I uploaded low res pics here as I wasn't sure if you could upload large files.
I can try high res later.

mrxsiv

Nov 20, 2012
Maple, Ontario
www.sksfinancial.com
Balls are getting stuck in the hands of the Hulk. There is going to have to be a fix for it. The Software is obviously Beta as there isn't much to the game yet. It has nice flow and has a good light show!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Nice-congrats! Looking forward to seeing this one in person. Thinking seriously about replacing my CV with one of these...One green game in, one out.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats Shaun!

Sorry to hear about the ball getting stuck under the Hulk. I heard it happens quite frequently and makes me wonder how much does Gomez really play test his games before releasing. His last game Transformers had other annoying design flaws which had to be addressed later like the drop target in front of Megatron. Shipping a game with incomplete code also sucks too and hope all these get resolved before the end of the year.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
I set up my Hulk today too(#238)..game looks really good. Ball times so far for me are short, game plays fast, lot of tight shots and misses can go right out the side or down middle. Ball gets stuck up in behind Hulk at least once a game. Also find that the ball only stays on the HAwkeye arrow about one in every 6 times. Usually just falls off at the junction of the ramp and the arrow. I have it on factory setting and it seems hard to get a lot of points. Managed only 20 million so far in about 20 games and have been beaten by wife several times. Game requires better aiming skills than I have at the moment.

I did not notice a glare issue with mine but the place I have it is very bright so glare may not be as bad. Did the invisiglass make a big difference? How much does that stuff cost?

I wish they put some green colored flipper buttons on the side. The red ones in the middle of everything green did not look right to me. A few other things I did not like, the Loki multiball plastics gets hit every now and then when launching the ball and it does not really look that good. The Avengers plane plastic on upper right hand side does not look good either but I suspect there will be mods for this soon.

I do like the game and it looks nice next to Big Buck Hunter Pro.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Congrats on your new purchases gentlemen. I am a bit behind as I just got my X-men in the house this week.
Avengers @ Starburst was an unexpected surprise in gameplay. I liked it much better than I had expected to.
A good purchase choice as I believe that once new code comes out, this game should have some durable legs.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
For the people that own this. I am really close to buying this pin but if the ball getting caught all the time is an issue I am not sure. Can this issue be resolved? Is it worth the $7700?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
No reason that the ball hangups on the hulk can't get fixed in software. The ball search finds it though, and a future upate could make that start faster. Don't let that stop you from getting the game. I'd honestly be more concerned on whether you like the way it shoots, and whether you think the rules will get finished, which seems to be the Stern gamble these days.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
I have been playing mine a lot for over a week. The ball does not get stuck that much around the Hulk figure in mine. Maybe once in every 20 games if that anymore. It can also get stuck on the Black Widow ramp in the gap where the bridege lifts for Hulk multiball. Happens a little bit.

Is it worth $7700, that is really subjective and up to you. I do not regret my decision. I find it fun and everyone who has tried my game finds it fun. But none of them are pinball players.

Here is what I like:

-- looks fantastic, Hulk backglass and side art look really good. LEds ligts look really good.
-- I find it plays fast
-- sounds and voices I like
-- it is hard to get a big score (36M best so far)
-- if I manage to collect one of the Avengers (other than Hulk who is easy) I feel like I accomplished something. My wife will attest to this as I have proudly reported collecting Captain America, Thor. Not even close to Iron Man but will have almost got Hawkeye a couple of times.
-- the tesseract cube...for some reason I like this feature and become fixated on making it spin

What I think could be better:
-- right hand side plastics (Loki multiball, the stupid jet thing that hide the Hawkeye diverter) block the far right upper lane and the Nick Fury target. I have seen discussion on pinside about this and I suspect someone smarter than me and with more spare time will figure out the best place for these and post instructions on how to move them.
-- ball getting stuck (in hulk, and on gap between bridge sections in Black Widow ramp). This does not seem to happen very often for me anymore, partly because I think I can see it coming and will shake the machine a bit so it does not stick. The Hulk I suspect will get fixed. The other occurs because some times the ramp shot is just too slow and stops right in crack.
-- I have not moved the outlane posts on the sides in to make it less likely to go out yet. I think I may because most balls are lost that way now. Is this considered cheating for high score posting or do you have to mark your score with an asterisk indicating posts were moved in?? Ball times can be very short on this game.
-- collecting some of the Avengers seems a bit repetitive. For example, Hawkeye requires 4 Hawkeye ramp shots to start Hawkeye mode and then make the same shot 7 more times to spell Hawkeye. The better one is Capt. America, make that ramp shot 4 times then you have to get 125 (or something like that) Captain America bumper hits. As the rules change and progress this may become different. Right now, I think the Capt. America one is good since it is something different.
-- the green DMD is not bright enough some of the time and hard to see.
-- coin door decal is not a special Hulk one...they should have made a custom Hulk one and maybe same with the apron art. I will need to check with an Avengers LE to see if the only difference is color. Green coin door would have been good too.

I expect there to be some mods for this soon (speaker mod with Avengers logo or even hulk I am hoping shows up soon).