• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Indiana Jones Wms 1993

Oct 10, 2013
Thornton, ON
Just a couple of quick questions.

1. I have noticed that when I get an "Extra Ball" from reaching the replay score my machine displays the DMD and the flashers and lights but doesn't have the audible call out. It does the call out any other time/way you get an E.B. Is there a ROM fix for this or is it something else.

p.s. Vengence please don't judge me too harshly for allowing Extra Balls :lol:

2. Has anyone ever installed foam tape at the mode saucer to reduce or eliminate bounce outs and if so what did you buy and from where? A clean shot bounces out and so you need to catch the side posts just right or pop it up from cradling on the left flipper. Any other solutions or suggestions?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I can't comment on the replay extra ball as I don't set up my games that way. I leave the other extra balls in play, but a replay would have been a free credit back in the arcades and not an extra ball. That's getting too close to 5-ball territory for me :D

As for the saucer, it's probably pretty well covered on various forums, but the one most important thing you can do is to move the strike plate at the back of the saucer back about 1/8". You'll have to remove a bunch of stuff to access it, but it helps a ton. Also, I have used neoprene tape in some games with problem shots, including IJ. I like to apply it to the side guides rather than the back. It helps to setlle the ball from rattling out and doesnt feel like cheating because a bad shot will still get bounced out. It's only about 1/16" thick. I bought a bunch years ago and don't recall where, but you should be able to find it easily enough.

Hope that helps.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I moved the strike plate on this IJ back 1/8" when I shopped it out earlier this year for the owner. I can't remember if I installed any of the tape / foam on the sides or back plate though...

As for the E/B call out, no idea as I don't own the game so cannot comment.

D