• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Some of you will recall the smoking deal on the IM I picked up a few weeks ago. I've had ample opportunity to play it and have decided the pin just isn't for me (plus I need to offset the cost of my next pin!!) This pin works 100%. I just have a title available to me that I want more, and with limited space, something has to go. IM needs to leave.

I want to offer it up to the community here first (and not to a flipper!) for exactly what I have into it. $4500.00 If I get no bites, I'll put it up on Kijiji for more by the end of the week.

Mods included are the Whiplash Figure w/ Chest LED and EL Wire Whips, Monger Figure w/ Chest LED and Drone Figure w/ LED

Previously routed, but cab is in excellent shape, playfield is in great shape as well; with exception of one broken plastic by Warmachine and a small break on the bottom of the right ramp by the post. Had this game been a keeper for me, Cliffy makes a right ramp protector ($17.00) to cover the damage otherwise the way it sits now doesn't affect game play at all. http://passionforpinball.com/ironman.htm

Would be willing to deliver to the GTA to your home (curbside). PRICE IS FIRM folks. Pics to follow tonight when I get home from work.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: IM FS - $4500.00

I think Reg forgot to mention it also comes with this extra alternate translite too!

229387-i.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: IM FS - $4500.00

I also found pics of Reg's game that the previous owner posted on pinside.

229366-i.jpg

229367-i.jpg

229368-i.jpg

You can sort of see the damage on the right side of the right ramp in the pic above and sure Reg will post more detailed pics tonight when he gets home. Otherwise this appears to be a very common problem on Ironman given the design and Stern was in a very cost cutting mode during the time the game was produced and only put a metal protector on just the left side of this ramp.

andy-IM.jpg

Thank god for Cliffy and his amazing products that address issues like this while keeping the game look stock like it was supposed to come that wya.

will_im5.JPG

Good luck on the sale Reg and buy with confidence guys.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: FS: Iron Man - $4500.00

The original owner is a friend and I went to play this game before Reg picked it up and I was very surprised how clean it was and how well it played. It did not seem at all like a routed IM.
New magnet posts were added and no real wear around the area that I could see. Although, I think the magnets were set a little low for my liking; but that's easily adjusted if Reg hasn't already done it.

I think the game was (and still is) an awesome deal.

GLWS

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB

OK folks. Here are a few pics. Overall playfield. You'll notice I've put the original translite back in. Also managed to snap a pic with Whiplash, Ironmonger and the Drone all lit up. Also attaching pic of the ramp. As alluded to in earlier pics, the cliffy will cover that up no problem.

Attachments

• small playfield.JPG
    small playfield.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 827
  • figures.JPG
    figures.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 827
  • ramp.JPG
    ramp.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 827

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB

Just a quick update. I've gone ahead and ordered the magnet cliffys as well as the ramp cliffy. If the IM goes before I get them in the mail, I'll ensure to forward on to the buyer.

Also, will entertain possible trades +/- $$. Must be BW titles. Want to get another one into my collection.

pinball.customs

Apr 8, 2014
GTA
Re: FS: Iron Man - $4500.00 (Or Trade)

surprised it's not gone yet.. now I feel bad. :oops:

FWIW, I'd imagine any potential buyers are waiting to see what the re-release is gonna look like. Though so far, I'm betting the toys aren't going to look very good (all pics so far have shown Whiplash without whips :FP:).

- B

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Re: FS: Iron Man - $4500.00 (Or Trade) Reduced to $4300.00

Bigbossfan said:
It's sold pending delivery/payment Scott. Sorry bud.
Thank god.

I was beginning to contemplate this just have for a while....

I officially can keep my testicles away from the guillotine I call my wife.

Grats on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.