• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

JJP "The Hobbit" officially announced!

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
frolic said:
I can't help but be a bit suspicious that this $500k cash infusion is coming just as the WOZ production is ramping up. Is the money funding fulfilling the woz orders?

I mean, MOST new companies don't last... so why is JJP any different? Time will tell, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable making a bet just so i can get one of the first machines in 2 years.

Good point, but JJP is a subsidiary of another company. I am not sure how the company is structured, but this is not the only thing they produce under Jack Guarnieri.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Monkeybug said:
frolic said:
I can't help but be a bit suspicious that this $500k cash infusion is coming just as the WOZ production is ramping up. Is the money funding fulfilling the woz orders?

I mean, MOST new companies don't last... so why is JJP any different? Time will tell, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable making a bet just so i can get one of the first machines in 2 years.

Good point, but JJP is a subsidiary of another company. I am not sure how the company is structured, but this is not the only thing they produce under Jack Guarnieri.

Actually if you are talking about the company that produced the WoZ pusher then JJP is a totally seperate company and to the best of my knowledge Jack is no longer involved with eliant (I think that was the pusher company's name)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Like others I think I'll wait and see.
I'm not thrilled with waht I see from a design perspective from JJP. Throwing the kitchen sink at a widebody table isn't my idea of good playfield design. I'm not a fan of the TSPP school of pinball layout and stop-and-go play. At least that's what I would expect from another Balcier game. I was really hoping Nordman would've stuck around.
JJP at least makes it easy to wait it out by not offering really dumbed down "standard" editions. Good for Jack!

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
I'm actually surprised that Stern didn't get this license. Just take the PF from LOTR, flip it, add new rules and art (i.e. like in Tron/X-Men)