• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FT JPLE Backglass - for my prem bg + $300

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
I'd like to buy a Jurassic Park LE mirror-glass backglass or trade my prem glass plus $$. If you have one and are prepared to part with it, let me know.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Talk about a difficult quest! That's pretty much the only thing that is truly unique to any LE that cannot be purchased separately (powdercoat can be duplicated). Good luck with your search!

I think you'd have better luck upgrading the whole machine to the LE and selling your Premium. It would then match the rest of your LE lineup! :D

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I have been trying to find a supplier for custom mirrored back glasses forever. If you find someone that can custom make it, let me know. Cheers.

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
I was in contact with the guy who does the mirror back glass for CPR enquiring about a mirrored back glass for my AC/DC Luci. He said he could make me 1 but it was really expensive, can’t remember the excact amount but was over 2k I believe. That was for 2 of them .

Reactions: Padre

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Here's the kicker, I dislike the green powdercoat, and I have modded my play field to the point of no return, so it's really all about the mirrored backglass on the LE that I love. But, if there is an after market solution, I'm all ears!

Jbed13

Sep 20, 2023
Whitby, ON
I ended up buying the translite from a person on pinside that lives in Toronto that printed one off for me. No where close to the mirrored look you probably want but it does its job for now.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
This is my installed Metallica Premium real backglass I ordered from Europe. I think it came out good but it is not mirrored. If you want the sellers details, PM me. He can make any translite you want, LE, Premium, Pro for most games. Thanks.

1708797460888.png

1708797513089.png

1708797537636.png

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I also installed an LED backbox board from www.upkeeparcade.com. I use these on all my games that have those awful tube lighting. On the old Stern games, you cannot control the brightness of the tube lighting behind the translite. With this board, you can control the brightness separately for game play and arcade mode. So you can pre-set the lighting intensity during game play, and reduce any glare of the playfield glass. Also, the lighting is better distributed around the translite. Compared to the tube lighting, which is one strip down the middle of the translite. Worth the $76US IMO.

1708797829327.png