• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

LAH - Ball Feed Issue

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
So I'm having this strange issue with the LAH I just bought from Dave Astil and I'm not sure how to fix it, I know what the issue is, that being:

When balls are fed onto the PF it takes a while for the game to release the ball, and then kick it onto the PF.

DE games used that staged ball release, so they are locked in the trough, released into the kicker and then kicked onto the PF.

Problem is the trough doesn't seem to be able to keep up. So during multiball if you drain any balls during ball save before it has kicked all the balls onto the PF, it gets confused and tries to release another ball from the trough, ti then kicks that one ball out onto the PF, but leaves the other one in the kicker for the trough.

A ball search will find it but it's still really annoying.

I've checked all the trough switches and they all work fine, I'm not sure what I should adjust to get it to feed properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I think a lot of tales from the crypt had this issue as well. There is a switch at the side of the kick that probably has to be replaced. If it's the same as tftc then it might be a microswitch with a long lever that isn't making a good connection.

I didn't feel like ordering one in special so I just took the microswitch of and sprayed it real good with a contact cleaner then bent the arm a bit too make sure it connects well every time. Since I've done that I've never had a problem, but before I got the same thing you described.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
brad808 said:
I think a lot of tales from the crypt had this issue as well. There is a switch at the side of the kick that probably has to be replaced. If it's the same as tftc then it might be a microswitch with a long lever that isn't making a good connection.

I didn't feel like ordering one in special so I just took the microswitch of and sprayed it real good with a contact cleaner then bent the arm a bit too make sure it connects well every time. Since I've done that I've never had a problem, but before I got the same thing you described.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yea there is a switch, I will see if I have a replacement and replace it, see what happens, thanks.