• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Lifting out an ACDC playfield

tommyv

Nov 16, 2012
Scarborough
I have feeling that there is an easy answer to this.

I need to make my first visit under my BIBLE playfield. I removed the lockdown bar and glass as usual, but the playfield won't lift up in the expected manner. It feels like it's still locked in place and any extra bit of pressure feels like the apron is about to break.

Checked the manual but it doesn't say anything other that the usual.

Am I missing something or am I just being too gentle?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Unless your game is really unlevel to the point it might be binding the pf, it should just pickup and out like any other pinball pf.

No pf lock like on a gotlieb

tommyv

Nov 16, 2012
Scarborough
Thanks Adam.

All four feet are screwed all the way in. By the looks of the level, I'm running at a pitch higher than 6.5.

I have just put some wood blocks under the front legs to bring it to a lesser pitch, but the playfield still won't give and it feels locked.

I realized that I must have had it up when first purchased; I needed to install a ball in the lower pf. I don't recall any issues at that time.

tommyv

Nov 16, 2012
Scarborough
Solved it...I was being too gentle.

Pulled it up as far as it would go and then slipped a flat head screwdriver under each tab. I little bit of upwards presssure on each one and it popped right out.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Was the plunger hanging up on the edge of the PF? To raise my f-14 I have to pull the plunger back about half an inch, or the rubber shooter tip will tear

tommyv

Nov 16, 2012
Scarborough
Nope...it just didn't want to give without a bit of gentle persuasion.

I have a couple of games with the plunger need. It was the first thing that I checked.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Be careful when you are pulling your ACDC playfield forward and remember there is only one "hump" you have to pull it hard towards you. If you pull hard a second time your playfield will come off the side rails and into the cab. Also when lowering your playfield from the upright position back to lower position to be as straight as possible because if you are crooked it can derail on one side as you push it back in and your whole playfield will fall into the cab! :eek:

Fast forward to the 1:40 mark and you will see what I mean by "hump" and since your BIBLE will have under playfield rails you can do the trick to slide it back in by pressing down lightly on the apron otherwise make sure you are straight before you ram the playfield back into the cab.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eUoaqft0UXA[/youtube]