• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

LOTR LE HUO :: SOLD :: SHE'S GONE !

miniman2020

Jan 4, 2013
Ayr,Ontario
SHE'S OUTTA HERE...

Hi everyone,

I'm selling my HUO LOTR LE. I purchased it from Playdium/Starburst in the Winter of 2010-2011.

It's never been shared, modded or traded... It's only ever been in my basement. (finished any smoke free).
She's been cleaned with no chemicals and has no damage aside from a small dig on the backbox (In the back) after I tried moving it from one room to the next ( I know, I know...it was stupid...)

I have all the paperwork, bag of goodies and a couple of figurines I picked up at Starburst as well.

Machine was built in June of 2010 and is located in Ayr,ON.

Asking for $4900 or best offer. More pictures upon request.

Thanks for looking.
PJ

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re: FS : LOTR LE HUO :: ON HOLD

McMean said:
Wow, that was FAST! :)

Daniel

That's what your wife said about you in bed too McMean :) Just kidding and not only did you get what you wanted for the longest time but brewmanager aka Walt got a Tron too! This is why I do what I do and help others so they can feel what McMean is feeling here in this picture :lol:

8367794184_ffb9e6383b_c.jpg

This was not a flip and I was merely doing what I do best which is enabling others and helped secure this game for a good friend while he decided to call it a night. I did not offer the seller any bribes nor did I tell him his game is worth $4k tops or a penny less than his asking price. Lesson learned for others who missed out on this great deal is just because you're first to contact the seller doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get the game especially if you piss him off and low ball.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Re: FS : LOTR LE HUO :: SOLD :: SHE'S GONE !

I heard it went for higher than the asking price "auction style baby!"...But that's just the rumor going around :)

*unless this is a different $4900 LE LOTR for sale :idea:

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON

I picked up LOTR for Daniel and just wanted to say that miniman was a great, standup guy. I'm not too find of his stairs though. :). We definitely learned a few things getting it out of there.

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton

Well lets be honest here, the seller did not honor his word. He said he was going in order of email he got. I was #2. After #1 backed out he asked me if I am still interested and I was first in line. I was ok with asking price and said I could send depsosit. He sent me his email to send deposit through e-transfer. He said we can talk first before I do and I said I would like to. Don't want to send deposit blindly. Gave him my number. It was 12 at night. He got back saying he was really beat and would call me in morning. Then what do you know there is a post from Mike an hour later saying it was gone.

Seller didn't have the guts to email me or call me to say deal was off or anything. As you can tell I was quite pissed because this is a game I was hunting for a long time and I thought finally I would get one. I just wish people would be more honest.

By the way, I am not angry at Mike. Nothing to do with him. But I would never make any deals with the seller. I have always honoured my word when making deals even after I was offered a lot more money for a machine. I just wish other people would be more honourable in this hobby.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

hippochrome said:
I heard it went for higher than the asking price "auction style baby!"...But that's just the rumor going around :)

*unless this is a different $4900 LE LOTR for sale :idea:

If you were told it went "auction style baby" you would be incorrect. The seller didn't ask for more $$ at all, and that is a fact. What is also a fact is a number of people that were interested in the game were seriously low-balling the seller. As I'm sure you would agree (or SHOULD agree) even at $4900 this game was already WAY below market value given it is a documented HUO LE.

It came down to nobody but the buyer offered the seller a firm deal anywhere near his asking price (and the buyer had helped the seller with a project in the past and the I guess the seller felt one good deed deserves another), and that's the fact folks...

D

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton

Menace said:
It came down to nobody but the buyer offered the seller a firm deal anywhere near his asking price (and the buyer had helped the seller with a project in the past and the I guess the seller felt one good deed deserves another), and that's the fact folks...

D

Completely untrue

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

No worries Brent, I have my name on another nice documented HUO LOTR LE (near Rice Lake) with my name on it but it will unfortunately be going for market value which you probably have an idea of what that is. When he is ready to sell I will know as he has a few other games that are on my long term wish list like IJ (Wms) and FT.

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton

I have never in the past post issues I have with sellers or buyers in a forum. But when I read the false statements it kinda got me pissed all over again and I had to chime in.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa

Just saying a rumor I heard about the machine...no idea if its true.

BUT I would have loved to pick that game up at that price...Id say it was $3000 undervalued. I would have kept it, and sold off my 2003 routed LOTR

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

Slam_Tilt said:
Menace said:

D

Completely untrue

Well then I guess the seller felt the help he received in the past from the buyer (along with the firm offer and pickup) that ultimately sealed the deal. Can't blame the seller for making that call, he felt he owed the buyer a solid. Win some, lose some, all part of the hobby. (and yes I've lost my fare share of games over the last 12 years) The good news is you've now got mwong on the lookout for a LOTR for you. He's certainly good at what he does...

D

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton

If the guy actually emailed me or called me explaining that he decided to sell to a guy who helped him out big time in the past I might not of been happy but wouldn't have been this angry. I would kinda understand that. The fact is he offered me the machine going so far as giving me his email to transfer a deposit then never said a word to me until I emailed him, even then he gave me some bs response that really didn't make any sense.

Yes this happens all the time in this hobby. I have been burned before like many other people. I'll live. Just wish people were more honest. I treat people like they have the same values as myself and most of the time it works out.

Either way no big deal. Another will come a long.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

Agreed, there is nothing worse when you're dealing with someone on a deal and it just falls apart with little to no explanation. I'm in the same boat as you, in that I usually expect people to treat me the way I would treat them... and more times than not I end up disappointed. (not just when it comes to the hobby either)

I will say that I've been lucky to find a select number of people within the hobby that have the same views and passion whom I now consider great friends, so it's not all bad. :)

And you're right... there will be others. (and wong will no doubt sniff some of them out!)

D

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton

REVOLUTION said:
That's the thing, Brent.. you didn't want a LOTR with the hair dick anyway :D

Ha ha, Didn't really want an LE but at that price... One thing I'll give the seller props for is if he truly sold it for asking price. I know people were offering more or at least they should. I admit the price was awesome for that machine.

See you tonight Brock for the unveiling. I'm green with envy.