• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Marco Spec + Shipping = WTF

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
Needed a Switch, some 1/2 E-clips and added a couple DMD glares. Why not!
I already know as a Canadian I have the US dollar in the butt but hey, Life is good you know.
So I go to my cart and do the checkout.

Cheapest shipping option (1-2 weeks) = 110.39$ CAD
Ok I know there's a 25% change rate but still...

Is somebody knows a canadian business able to get specific parts (switches, coils, etc...)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
You must be new welcome :)

Marco has historically always been shit when it comes to shipping stuff to Canada. Last time I had something I bought from Marco, they said to ship to me it was going to be $150, but to ship to my buddy in Detroit, $7.99

If you need something specific that Marco only has you can order it from Playdium and they will get it in for you.

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
haha...yes. I,m still a bit greenie when it comes to pay for repairs.

So there is NOBODY in canada that specialized in pinball parts?
I think Playdium is more a retail place right? Pins, arcade game, etc...
Michel in Montréal is a really really good guy but when i need something quick, I don't like to push in a guy's back

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Even ordering from Marcos (from Canada) and shipping to a US location can be tricky.
You'll have to use a credit card and for yor address use the Armed Forces Base option.

They do NOT make it easy.

That being said, Playdium/Starburst has an excellent stock of parts and, as has been pointed out, they will also order on your behalf and tack your items on to their own orders from Marcos.

bleargh45

Aug 15, 2013
Courtenay, BC
If you're out closer to the west coast, Nitro Amusements (http://nitroamusements.com/) out of Mission, BC, can get everything brought in from Marcos, and they won't gouge you on shipping.

I'd tried to order a pile of stuff from Marco's once, and they wanted over $100 USD for shipping. Called the guys at Nitro, they matched Marco's pricing, and only charged me something like $20 for shipping. Saved me over $80 on a $300 order. w00t!

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
f22a3c100d0d839ffcea1c7356bccffb.jpg

Just got the last of the parts that I needed to fix up Wizard today. $20 shipping for $35 worth of stuff. It's stuff I couldn't get elsewhere though. And realistically the parts are worth $55 to me anyways so I don't really mind. Cost of doing business in Canada I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk