• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Message From Steve Ritchie: Barry Oursler Needs Your Help!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I don't normally like to cut and paste from other forums, but it seems like a good cause.
We certainly take free healthcare for granted.

Here's the original text post from SR on Pinside:
And the link ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... -your-help )

Barry Oursler has made huge contributions to pinball. His games such as Pinbot, Space Shuttle, Dr. Who, Comet and many, many others have been bringing joy to pinball lovers everywhere.

Barry and his wife Donna are BOTH very ill. Dealing with bone marrow cancer and kidney failure has them fighting for their lives, and their medical bills are huge.

Please do your best to help Barry and Donna get past this tough time in their lives. You can also help by copying this message to other threads.

Any donation will be appreciated. Please go to the link below.

Thanks,

Steve Ritchie

http://www.gofundme.com/6fgkt0

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Re: Message From Steve Ritchie: Barry Oursler Needs Your Hel

Oh dear...looks like the venom I spewed a few weeks back about Oursler's crappy designs was a bit ill-timed. My opinions and his current situation stand independent from each other, but its never nice to kick someone when they are down.

Regardless, I'll help out with a donation. It will be exciting to see the pinball community respond to this call for help...almost at $10,000, half way to the goal, in THREE DAYS.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

At $10,500 already. Looking through the list of people putting forth a donation, its like a who's who of the pinball industry and community. Lots of familiar names from the production side of things (Sharpe, Scott the Dot, Popadiuk, Ritche, just to name a few) and the collectors came out in force as well! Great to see a few names from the ON/QC community on there.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

It's a great community.
Happy to see Barry and his wife will have one less worry on their minds.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

not to detract from the good-natured theme of the thread, but I find it pretty ironic that a nation of people against social healthcare are banding together to provide exactly that. :) I'll never get those 'Mericans