• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Mustang Pro in Pinball Exchange Showroom

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Looks like The Pinball Exchange has a Mustang Pro for a limited time in the showroom. If you are near by Hamilton and wanna check it out here is their kijiji listing.

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z578832840

tim.sanderson

Going into the Pinball Exchange, I was very pessimistic about this game. Everything I'd seen so far hadn't impressed me. Unfortunately we were only able to play one game. We sort of felt like they were hurrying us along.

However, things we noticed in the one game we played;
The game is not nearly as ugly as it looks in photos. It's still not gorgeous or anything, but it was definitely nicer than expected. The biggest thing was the game feels very solid. It's almost like Stern didn't build it. This particular model was equipped with an LED DMD. It looked pretty snazzy. The playfield was LED'd up too, as I am sure all games will be in the future.
Gameplay is good, It felt like there was a decent amount of stuff to shoot for. (ramps, drop targets, captive balls, playfield scoop thingy etc) The Audio is pretty decent, too. There were lots of great sounds. Although, I only ever heard the same 'Free Ride' song playing no matter what mode I started. I found the game was a little less fast paced than something like Star Trek. (especially on the lower half of the playfield) I'm not saying that like it's a bad thing, it just seemed like it was easier to get and keep control of the ball.

I made a little vid of the gameplay as Mike was playing one of his balls. (poor quality, however. My old HTC doesn't have the best camera. :()
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAQsg-5qXnI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
It's hard to base an opinion on one play, but overall I was impressed by it. I'm looking forward to playing it at the inevitable Wacky Wings release party!

For the record, my score was twice that of Mike's. :p I think I got 35 million or so.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
tim.sanderson said:
Unfortunately we were only able to play one game. We sort of felt like they were hurrying us along.

Did you get there around closing time? That sucks and hope you aren't far from The Pinball Exchange. Thanks for taking the video and posting your initial thoughts on the game.

tim.sanderson

mwong168 said:
tim.sanderson said:
Unfortunately we were only able to play one game. We sort of felt like they were hurrying us along.

Did you get there around closing time? That sucks and hope you aren't far from The Pinball Exchange. Thanks for taking the video and posting your initial thoughts on the game.
No, we got there around 5 or 6. As for the drive, google tells me 55km/40 minutes away. They took turns standing next to us as we played. When we stepped away to look at a few of the other games, someone turned off the game. I guess It was still neat to get a chance to play, though. Hopefully the next time I go to pick up parts from Starburst they will have their demo available to play in the showroom.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
tim.sanderson said:
They took turns standing next to us as we played. When we stepped away to look at a few of the other games, someone turned off the game.

That sucks and I don't think I would have enjoyed playing with someone like that watching over my shoulder like a hawk. Hopefully SB will get one in their showroom next week.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Played Mustang at Playdium today . Have to agree with Tim , solid ,fast paced , not ac/dc fast , but nice .Like the up and down ramp kind of like Pinbot . Was scoring well at 10 mil for first ball , when air ball sent ball up on top of the left ramp plastic , had to call secretary over to point out where the ball was . Then turned off machine and walked out . I would think that an LE might be worth it . will wait and see one in the flesh first .