• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Barcade coming to Waterloo

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
City came through today and everything looks good for Friday the 29th. This will be an appreciation night; time for friends and family to check the place out before the grand opening. Hope to see lots of you out! Please pm me if you think you can make it!

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
City came through today and everything looks good for Friday the 29th. This will be an appreciation night; time for friends and family to check the place out before the grand opening. Hope to see lots of you out! Please pm me if you think you can make it!

Dropped you a PM, a friend and I are up for a visit on the 29th if the invite extends to folks on here you haven't met :)

Reactions: Che

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I don’t know if I’ll make it on the 29th but I drive right past there every Wednesday for work so I’ll definitely be stopping in.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Just got back from your soft launch. Thanks for having me out, went looking for you a couple of times but told you were busy working on games. The guardians is an amazing looking game... I struggled on it but that was no surprise, I’m not a terribly good player. All your pins looked good and the ones I played also played well too. Your selection of videos were fun... a lot of blasts from the past for me. I haven’t played rampage in years... saw the trailer for the new Rampage movie during Jumanji just today so it was timely. I wish you all the best at this location, I will make it out again to drop some coins in the guardians for sure.

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Just got back from your soft launch. Thanks for having me out, went looking for you a couple of times but told you were busy working on games. The guardians is an amazing looking game... I struggled on it but that was no surprise, I’m not a terribly good player. All your pins looked good and the ones I played also played well too. Your selection of videos were fun... a lot of blasts from the past for me. I haven’t played rampage in years... saw the trailer for the new Rampage movie during Jumanji just today so it was timely. I wish you all the best at this location, I will make it out again to drop some coins in the guardians for sure.

Great that you made it out and sorry we didn't get a chance to chat - lots of running around all night!!!
Open regular hours come Jan 2nd and no need to bring out coins, all the games are staying on free play! :) Opted to go with a small cover charge instead that way people won't be shy about trying all the games!

Wishing you a safe and happy new year, and look forward to seeing you out in 2018!

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
I'd like to extend my sincerest gratitude to all the pbrev members that helped make the the soft launch of Pin Up a success, and on a grander scale; that really helped make it possible for me to bring location pinball first to Guelph @Pablo's, and now to Pin Up in Waterloo.

I started collecting pinball machines just a few short years ago, with a little "Enable-ment" from someone I'm proud to call my friend; Mike Wong. Mike steered me in the right direction on my first machine (X-men via Warlock)- and provided a good amount of steering and prodding on my next 20-30 as well LOL. I started out thinking I would stop at 2. I may have forgotten a couple zeroes.

Pinball has become a big part of my life over the past few years thanks to the generosity of time and spirit of many of you on this forum whom I have talked, bought, and swapped machines with in that time. I've met some of the best people I know through this hobby, and that paved a path where pinball first took over my house (much to the chagrin of my partner: she loves the pinball machines in the guest room almost as much as she liked the ones that greeted our guests in the front foyer before I got them moved out of the house and in to Pin Up :D), and then became a prominent fixture in my first bar; Doogie's and Pablos's in Guelph (with lots of help from my very good friend Dan Beeson). Now I've been able to bring location gaming a little closer to my Waterloo home (Pin Up is about 7 minutes down the road from me :).

These venues have given me the chance to meet many more of you in person than I may have otherwise, and I look forward to meeting many more of you over the months and years to come.

Wishing you all a safe and happy new year,

Che

Reactions: luch