• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New Mod: Stern Magnet Decals!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Here's a new product I've been working on for http://www.PinballCustoms.com! I've always found the magnets on Stern pins to be eye-sores.. so I decided to make decals to cover them. These decals not only look good, but they also offer added protection to the area surrounding the magnet. There are quite a few games that use these magnets, so keep your eyes peeled for more offerings to come! :)

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
level42 said:
How do they hold up against wear?

I would imagine pretty good, Brock doesn't make junk. But when you stop to think about it, it's a sacrificial surface. It makes the magnet look nicer and protects your playfield.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Chris Bardon said:
Neat idea-planning on doing X-Men ones next?

Most definitely. :)

I'm thinking when I sell these I'll sell them in 2-packs as Grauwulf is right, the area itself wears down no matter what you do.. it's the nature of the beast with magnets (You have to replace the magnet slugs eventually regardless)

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Alright so I have X-Men, spiderman and Ironman covered. :D If anyone else has suggestions for games and is willing to help out by snapping some pics, send me a PM! I'll gladly return the favour :D

I'm thinking RBION, Avatar.. whatever else you can think of

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I just handed my NOS Godzilla PF off to Drano for Clear coat, perhaps he can get you what you need or since he is in your area you could swing by and get what you need.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
You're right, it does.. but I'm not sure it's worth the effort, it's pretty hard to see

The one on Godzilla is in the same area as SST, but it's a common wear area so for that perspective alone it seems like a good idea and if you can make it look seamless why not.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Looks good!
I've seen the damage done on IJ4 by the magnet...this would be a huge help in preserving the PF

Plus hiding the magnet gives it a real wow effect when the magnet does turn on